Happy | Teen Ink

Happy

By emmawu GOLD, Bryn Mawr, Pennsylvania
emmawu GOLD, Bryn Mawr, Pennsylvania

"God wrote life to be a comedy, but for some reason, none of his actors will go along with the script."

Your touch burned, even through clothes, it scorched my skin and left tingaling sensations. Today marks the day when you were bold enough to touch my upper thigh with your arm. We were comfortable with each other, which is sorta rare without any awkward-ness scattered in it. Today it was genuine, all the feelings and emotions. Mr.hill gave us a few warning glances throughout the movie, he knows you have a girlfriend and when he saw ur arm resting on my upper thigh he looked at you to see ur reasoning. You’re right mr.hill and I don’t understand it. But we are just friends in ur eyes. I can tell by the way u talk to me, the way u don’t feel the electrical burn when ur skin touches mine… The electricity only flows one way. But it could be a facade, that’d b nice. Your eyes, if anything, give you away. I can see them and stare at them and I love how you don’t look away. Our glances turn to steady stares, soft butterfly taps turn to full on contact, slight smiles turn to broader ones, because we can see inside. It’s amazing how you, in particular, can see my emotions without me needing to tell you. When I’m nervous you stop, when I’m sad you listen, when I’m content you joke, when I’m anxious I don’t need to tell you. But today when you rested your arm on my upper thigh, it felt normal, an everyday thing, something steady, a wall. But mixed in that jumble of normal came a few strings of daring and butterflies, because now, not only could I see inside, but I could also feel it.

heehee everytime i read this i get happier