Inside My Head | Teen Ink

Inside My Head

By loveisblind GOLD, Tenino, Washington
loveisblind GOLD, Tenino, Washington

This world, it ends as you believe it to end; yet it'll live on to the actuall end, where then you admit yourself wrong.

~Me~

Valora tightened her grip around the swords hilt and turned to face Anilatac. Cold malice shone in Anilatac’s eyes as a look of contempt crossed her face. Without warning, Valora saw a flash as the downward moving sword intersected with the sunlight. Quickly, she brought her own sword to block the bone jolting blow. Anilatac swung high, aiming at her head. Valora ducked and slashed at her ankles.

Life is just like this battle, and depending on the person’s point of view, they are either Anilatac or Valora. Instead of bearing swords at their hips to create and ward off blows, however; we use our tongues to create and ward off hurtful blows. This is why I think life is a never ending battle, and our only weapons are our voices, tongues, and minds. (Please, never underestimate us kids; for in battle we stand strong, alone or united. In life we hold on, even though the end may fight us.)

CRUNCH! There goes my train of thought. Hello? Earth to Maurissa, you copy? Yes, I copy. Back to planet Earth, it’s all good.

Slowly, I started to hear the guitar strum loudly, the drums clicking on every fifth note, accenting the staccato “dot” at the end of each measure or so. The guitar carried it up a note, going down instead of up on the “dot”. It’s my song, the song that describes me nearly perfectly. Avril Lavigne starts singing, and I join in off key. I hardly notice the conversations that are taking place in the car; the low and quiet roll of the tires on the freeway; the gentle wish of the other cars as they speed by.

Then the chorus starts in a gradual crescendo of the instruments and her voice. “Can’t help it if I space in a daze; my eyes tune out the other way; I may switch off and go in a day dream.” That explains what just happened not to long ago. “In this head my thoughts are deep; sometimes I can’t even speak . . .” Am I deep? Mandy Moyer say’s I am, (commenting on my quote above) but I don’t know. I’m never sure about that stuff; I’m just a writer and a reader.

You see, this stuff happens inside my head all the time, every day; which is why I chose the chorus to the song My World by Avril Lavigne. I’ve got to go though; the next flight to my own world leaves soon and I can’t miss it. The people are depending on me! Bye!

We had to choose a song that describes us and write an essay why we chose that song.