A Love Letter | Teen Ink

A Love Letter

By AnneOnnimous BRONZE, Peterborough Ontario, Other
AnneOnnimous BRONZE, Peterborough Ontario, Other

"Saying 'I notice you're a nerd' is like saying, 'Hey, I notice that you'd rather be intelligent than be stupid, that you'd rather be thoughtful than be vapid, that you believe that there are things that matter more than the arrest record of Lindsay Lohan. Why is that?' In fact, it seems to me that most contemporary insults are pretty lame. Even 'lame' is kind of lame. Saying 'You're lame' is like saying 'You walk with a limp.' Yeah, whatever, so does 50 Cent, and he's done all right for himself."
— John Green

Dear Harry Potter,

The way you make me feel cannot be compared to anything else in the world. When I pick you up, when I find escape in your lovely pages; there is nothing else like that.

Harry Potter, there is no other book like you- and I can assure you that I have looked. There have been others whom I have loved, others who have seemed interesting and beautiful and intelligent as you are; but ultimately, it has never worked out. You are the one I can always come back to, the one who fills my heart with joy, the one who makes me want to put on Hogwarts robes, buy a broomstick and scream from the rooftop that “I LOVE HARRY POTTER”. I can assure you that no one else could ever do that.

Unfortunately, it seems that not everyone feels the same way I feel. Some say that you are “too weird”, that you are “boring” and “too young.” Dearest, I can assure you that this makes me angry; especially when people prefer that disgusting brute they call Twilight to you. I must admit that I read Twilight, and found it slightly hard to put down, but in the end, Twilight was just a slimeball, a poor imitation of you, corrupting the minds of its readers instead of making them want to read and learn more as you have done.

I must admit, I did not always feel this way. We met when I was just six years old, and of course I did not understand you, did not learn all your secrets. We became closer over the years, and I grew to discover that there will never be another you. Although there are many imitations- people trying to copy your setting, your characters- they will never come close.

Harry Potter, I love you.

Sincerely,
AnneOnnimous

saby09 BRONZE said...
saby09 BRONZE, Jammu, Other

Man iz not born to understand life .. but to live it..~!!

completeky  agree with yuh anne,,it iz D bst book ever ,,, just love HARRY POTTER :)

VampireDiary GOLD, Greenville, Kentucky

"where there's a will there's a way"

I love the books to, I am accually looking for the seventh one.

— John Green

You do realize that your comment makes no sense, right? As long as there are more than two things in the universe, every thing has something to do with every other thing.

Aidyl BRONZE said...
Aidyl BRONZE, Oshawa, Other

"If you want a friend be a friend."

-Poster

"That's cool. Hey you know what's even cooler than triceratops? Every other dinosaur that ever existed!"
-Dwight Schrute The Office

Harry Potter is the best. I love it too. And good writing Anne :)

Demon_of_Truth, Warrenton, Virginia

"I'm not a geek, I prefer the term 'intellectual bad-a**"

This was well written, but you do realize that Harry Potter and Twilight have nothing to do with each other, right?

— John Green

I think my favourite book is the second, with the sixth and seventh coming in right after.. and my favourite character is probably Dumbledore, although I do rather love Ginny and Dobby.

WRIT3R4LIF3 said...
lol ikr? Who can read harry potter and hate it? it draws you in, its better then twilight, it has everything and more that a person who likes twilight could have. Whats your fave book/ fave character? Mines book 5 and Ginny :)

SecretNonConformist SILVER, Marblehead, Massachusetts

The only thing necessary for the triumph of
evil is for good men to do nothing."
-Edmund Burke

"Bless the children, give them triumph, now!"
Aeschylus, The Libation Bearers

I love this. All I need to say. Harry Potter will never get old. Never.

— John Green

I know! And I agree, Harry Potter is the one book I reread ceremoniously each year (from July 31st to Halloween).. with any other book I would get tired of it but somehow I only grow to love it more.

WRIT3R4LIF3 said...
I don't know HOW they can say that. Harry Potter is AMAZING!

WRIT3R4LIF3 said...
I don't know really, Harry Potter is just something that you can't outgrow in my opinion. I don't reread alot of books, but boy I lost count how many times I reread that series!

— John Green

Yeah, I know! And everyone is saying that they've outgrown it, but how can you outgrow harry potter?!?!

loveisblind GOLD, Tenino, Washington

This world, it ends as you believe it to end; yet it'll live on to the actuall end, where then you admit yourself wrong.

~Me~

YAY! I'M NOT ALONE!

lol xD harry potter is the best book in the world, and now that twilight is out, everyone hates harry potter and now the fans have steadily dissapeared.