The Center of the Middle | Teen Ink

The Center of the Middle

By xkristinx GOLD, Fairfield, Connecticut
xkristinx GOLD, Fairfield, Connecticut

Seventh grade was a journey. A time travel from the subtle tender years of elementary school and sixth grade, to the shining light of reality. Seventh grade is the time that you realize who you are. Who you’re not. And who you could be. What you could amount to. What you’re good at. What you’re not. You realize who your real friends are. You figure out why you put up walls. And who cares enough to break them down. This time in life is a turning point. I don’t want to share it alone. So welcome, gentle reader. Welcome to my life. Welcome to the stories. Welcome to the tears. Welcome to the memories that are far too vivid then I care to remember. Welcome to my side of the story. Welcome to my portfolio. In other words this is a time line. A memorial to my seventh grade year. It’s about growth, and moving forward. It’s tribute to everything that has happened this year. And a welcome to what will happen next year. I put these pieces together to show everyone my capability. My strength. To show how far I have come. And how far I have to go. Everything in this portfolio is a story. Has a story. And will tell one. So, dear reader. Indulge yourself in the tribute, the memorial, the story of my seventh grade year on paper. Let it overtake you. Let it sing. Let it burst. Let it shine. Enjoy.

This was the intro paragraph to my LA portfolio.