Who I Am | Teen Ink

Who I Am

By TheN3RDWAD GOLD, Von Ormy, Texas
TheN3RDWAD GOLD, Von Ormy, Texas

I am a person who believes that I cannot change the world alone. I am the person who wants world peace, would do anything for it, but knows, deep down, that it isn't possible. I am an Atheist, strongly against religion and liberal. I am someone who loves the world so much that I cry for it. I am someone who loves people so much that I cry for them, even if I've never met them. The stupidity of humans never fails to astound me, and the brilliance, passion and caring of humans never stops making me stand in awe.

I am someone you can hate, I am someone who loves with love that never stops. I am a person who will never hate someone for their skin colour, sexual preference, their looks or their intelligence. I will hate people for what they say and do. I can love, but I can also inflict pain. I am what I am. I walk the same Earth as you, breathe the same Earth as you and love the same Earth as you. I believe that all the world needs is love. I believe that I can be someone. I believe that anyone who causes problems to hurt people is someone who needs to be talked too.

I am the kind of person who hates, loves, lives and smiles. I cry for the cousin I never met. I smile for the people I will meet. I smile for my experiences, I cry for other's experiences. I see the world in colour. I doubt, I worry, I feel pain. I live, I live as a human in this amazing, beautiful world full of amazing, beautiful things.

I will never stop believing that humankind is capable of love, compassion and helping others. I will never stop believing in love, in life, in happiness.

I can't promise that I will take away all of your problems and worries. I can't promise I can help. But I can promise that I will always bring peace, and never add to your burdens.

I was taught to read when I was young, but not just read, to understand. I understood things, saw things in a new light and felt the pain of others. I cried for the people who couldn't help themselves. The animals that suffered, the people that suffered, the wars, the past, the present, the future.

I cried for my cousin, Tracy, who I will never meet because he was judged for who he loved and not loved for himself. He took his own life, the world judges, the world hates. It disgusts me. I haven't ever met him, we are only cousins by marriage, but I love him. I love him with all of my heart and would have loved him if I ever met him. I cry for him, an innocent life lost. I cry for the other people that kill themselves because it is a release. If there is one, there are many. I love, I hurt, I hurt for others.

I am what I say, how I speak, how I dress and how I look. I am how I think, how I love, how I smile, how I learn, how I hate.
I am the human I was raised to be, I am the human I learned I could be, I am the human I love, I am the human that wants to help.

I am.

I am what I am.
And I love that person.

Sarbear GOLD said...
Sarbear GOLD, Milan, Ohio

--Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes.
--When life gives you lemons, squirt them in people's eyes.

really unique and i can relate to it and im sure others can too. well written . check out my work too ;-)