Can't you see? Life is beautiful. | Teen Ink

Can't you see? Life is beautiful.

By XTheHybridOneX GOLD, Richmond, Virginia
XTheHybridOneX GOLD, Richmond, Virginia

"Just brighten up, smile, and live it up."

Life is full of surprises. The thing about life is that even when you think you are ready for what's next, it’ll pull a fast one on you. My outlook is that sure, life has its ups and downs, but we must live for the ups. Even when you think that you are being overwhelmed with negativity, you just need to stand tall and count on good friends. I believe that friends make the trials of life worth it because without them, what exactly do we truly have to live for? Sure I can have faith in God or think that we have no purpose, but even the worst of people count on their friends. I believe that living life to the fullest is the key; live it like there is no tomorrow because really, what do you have to lose? We are forever complaining about how life sucks or how drama is annoying. Why don't we start saying "Hey, I'm all for the good and don't want the negativity?" I feel that we aren't very strong anymore and we let the little things tear us down; if we continue like this, that'll be the end of us. Why fight and argue when we could (and should) be holding hands and embracing the good in people, instead of focusing on their flaws? If everyone did this, the world would be such a better place. I don't want people to feel like I'm lecturing, but people should know that I don't see the point in dealing with drama and stupid nonsense. Just brighten up, smile, and live it up. Believe in joy and happiness and you'll see how much better life will be. So I ask, no, I challenge people to live as a happier person; give other people hope for mankind. I love the people who have influenced me in anyway, even negatively, because in the end, I've learned something from all of you. In the end, you have to just open your eyes and see that life is Beautiful.

I felt that I needed this more for my sake just to see the beauties in life in which I couldn't see any longer.