Your Soul | Teen Ink

Your Soul

By comacozi SILVER, Vernon, Texas
comacozi SILVER, Vernon, Texas

"At the touch of love, everyone becomes a poet" - Plato

I love you more than the many waves in the ocean and the silly lollipops I had when I was a kid. I love you more than chocolate covered strawberries and beautifully written sonnets. I love you more than the butterflies or daffodils. I love you more than the reflection of the rainbow in the running sprinkler. I love you more than that dizzy feeling that somehow manages it's way into my throat.

I love you more than sweet sunrises and lazy day afternoons. I love you more than eskimo kisses and the giggles of children laughing in the playground. I love you more than untouchable wonder of the violin. I love you more than the trace of your fingers running through my hair. I love you more than seeing chaste white snow twinkle on a mountain. I love you more than those teeny tiny marshmallows in hot chocolate or eggs turned sunny side up.

I love you more than Christmas lights and the smell of cinnamon tickling my nose. I love you more than old Scooby Doo reruns and spaghetti and meatballs. I love you more than hot bubble baths and comfy snazzy toe socks. I love you more than peanut butter or doing somersaults in the air. I love you more than midnight conversations or the breeze against my face. I love you more than even House or the Reeses pillow I fall asleep on nearly every night. I love you more than Ninja turtles or the scent of rain in the air. I love you more than sweet tea and even the times you act like a dweeb.

I love you more than memories - even my memories with you. I love you more than our friendship and more than your smiles or tears. I love you more than your warm sweet hugs or perhaps even rolling in the grass. I love you more than the beauty of your eyes and even your breath taking laugh. I love you more than the times you tickle me - God knows I love you more than that.

I love you more than all the things and memories and moments in the world. I love you more than my hopes, my dreams, and most of all myself. I love YOU and even if you never did anything else in the world, I would still love you with the unbreakable passion I have for you now. It's not about your physical features or all the memories in the past. It's not about all that - because it's your soul I love. That's the only thing that ever really matters - the only thing that will ALWAYS matter.

My soul will sing lullabies for yours. It will build castles, continents and galaxies for you. My soul will ignite the fire of my heart's cartridges and swim oceans living strongly for you, love. My soul will move mountains and make rapids in the rivers for you. My soul will show you the colors of the wind - perhaps maybe even the reds you adore. My soul will build rollercoasters for yours and give you nothing to ever doubt in. My soul will shoot through the sky and perhaps, you will think it's a shooting star and wish on it. My soul will fight for your wishes, hopes, and loves.

And maybe if you let it, my soul will intertwine with yours and be everything it can be to yours. Maybe, just maybe I can make your soul smile for more than today.

Written for my best friend, my savior, and my sunrise.