Emo Chic | Teen Ink

Emo Chic

By adastraabextra GOLD, Moonstone, California
adastraabextra GOLD, Moonstone, California

"This is the slowest month of my life. If I don't talk to them by the last day of the year, I don't know what I'd do...I hope...I have never felt this bad ever before. This is like different, he was different. Well, thats what I thought. All that he wanted was a pretty girl...Trust me, this was so different to anything else; it was just like special. I don't even know how to explain it...but like different from any other relationship with someone. The others have all the same stuff; this one was original...It's just I can't let it go and it's more than that it seems why I feel like this..."

When I read the words she wrote me, I clearly realized her heart was slowly breaking, but for some reason, I began to feel her pain. My heart broke at these simple words, expressing her loss. As I read what she typed, it brought up the memories of my past, most I had already confronted, but a few too fresh to face. It sounded like me, the way I thought, the things I wrote, and the words I said. No matter what anyone may think about young love, relationships, or broken hearts, what she is feeling is more than real. I know because I have been right where she is now. This may not be her first broken heart, or her first love that was lost, but either way, it is torturing her more than anything had before. What she is feeling is, I'm sure, enough pain to spread throughout 50 different lives. I have seen so many people get past the hurt of crumbled hearts; I have overcome mine and I know, without a doubt in my mind, the she will be able to deal with hers.

Each of our worlds was originally built upon our own childhoods. Everything, as we grow, is based on what we knew before. The hardest times have to be when we go from falling down and getting those scraped knees, to tearing apart and getting those broken hearts. But like scrapes and scars, in time, our hearts will heal.

"Sadness flies on the wings of the morning and out of the heart of darkness comes the light." (-Jean Giraudoux)

Throughout experiences in life, people usually come to the common conclusion that when you give up on something, you are weak; that giving up is equivalent to failure. But sometimes, in some situations, giving up simply means that you are strong enough to let go. Everyone holds that strength inside them, and letting go can end up being the best thing you ever did.

Just like when glass shatters, shards spread across the floor, it can be a better idea to leave relationships broken than try to pick the pieces up, hurting yourself putting it back together.

This girl not only opened up to me about her pain and her loss, but she helped open up my own loss and my own pain that had still been inside me. This brave and beautiful girl helped heal me by sharing her hurt, by sharing her story.

View your world in the blooming flowers, and not the falling leaves; Measure your life in the many smiles, and not the pouring tears.

tori-gurl PLATINUM, Norwich, New York

smile through everything no matter how bad it gets because it could be worse and if it gets worse well then it can only get better. :)

You are a very good writer and I love how you are willing to open up and just show your world through your words. I have had experiences like this before, but writing about them is very difficult, but you were able to do it so well, its just truly amazing! :D The raw emotion in this piece is what really brings it to life so dont ever be afraid to share those because they are the key to being able to write well. Good job and i really admire your writing :D

wow thanks SOO much, really, that honestly means a lot to me!! <3
lol we probably would :) my email is adastraabextra@aim .com if u ever wanna talk lol
thanks again

FrySnickerdoodle, Red Lion, Pennsylvania

"Pain is weakness leaving the body"
"He who angers you, conquers you"

This is wonderful. You are very talented. I've been reading over your stuff, and I really love it all. I think you and I would get along well :)