The Wok | Teen Ink

The Wok

By 4phillips BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin
4phillips BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin

The best food I have eaten recently was on Monday of this week. My Mother says “Should we get Chinese?”, I said “yes”.  This is a common occurrence in our house due to how close we live to King’s Wok, one of our local Chinese restaurants.  I went to King’s Wok and picked up the food.  I'm a relatively plain person, so my go to is orange chicken and white rice.  They douse the chicken in an orange sauce that is sweet and a little sour.  The sauce gives the chicken a shiny deep orange color.  The chicken is a little crispy and tender in the middle in bite sized chunks.  The rice is regular white rice, but theirs is extra fluffy.  I like to combine the rice and the orange chicken, so I would get both foods in each bite as one complements the other like ketchup and hotdogs.  I enjoy going to this restaurant because they give me lots of food that I can make another 1-2 meals with based on how hungry I am.  I throw it in my microwave for 30 seconds then stir, then another 45 seconds and the chicken should have a little sizzle sound to it.  After that I wait to hear again “Should we get Chinese?”.

My experience getting Chinese food.