Chinese 4 traditional festival | Teen Ink

Chinese 4 traditional festival

Let me tell you a legend!
"According to legend, in ancient times, ten SUNS suddenly appeared in the sky. There was a
hero, his name was Houyi, Houyi climbed Mount Kunlun (the name of a mountain), shot down nine SUNS with an arrow, he said to the last sun: 'You must benefit the people.' Everyone admired Houyi very much, and there was a man named Feng Meng, who was treacherous and greedy, and also worshiped under Houyi's skill (like an apprentice). Houyi's wife Chang 'e, she was beautiful and kind. The West Queen Mother (a woman) of Mount Kunlun gave Chang 'e a pill of fairy medicine. Pang Meng knew this, and he wanted to get the elixery. In the morning of August 15, Houyi went out with his disciples, and Feng Meng pretended to be sick and stayed. In the evening, he carried a sword and could not wait to get the fairy medicine. So, he went into Chang 'e's home, let Chang 'e give him the fairy medicine, Chang 'e thought: 'If I give him the fairy medicine, it is not harmful to the people? So Chang 'e swallowed the elixir, and Chang 'e flew away toward the moon." This is a version of this story I heard from many people, mainly my parents, teachers, and even my grandmother and great grandmother. "
“But that's not what I heard....”
“So now you heard. Do you eat mooncakes?"
“Yeah, except for the five-kernel mooncake."
The five-kernel mooncake is really bad. No one likes it. It's like you're eating a chip with
chocolate sauce.It is strange that.’’(Every Mid-Autumn Festival we make fun of how awful five-kernel mooncakes are.)
1

“That being said, what were you thinking?”
“We only have one day off and I'm sick of having so much homework."”
“Homework on vacation? I didn't even know there was homework! ?” “Now you know,Have a nice half day vacation with your homework.”
Watching his back as he hurried away. I know that it may be difficult to meet in the future... The Mid-Autumn Festival, the different places we usually miss family and friends, pack a collection, and then release it in the Mid-Autumn Festival. Can enjoy the joy of family, nature is happy. It's extra lonely out there. This year's Mid-Autumn Festival is still as usual....
A moon cake can express thoughts, can also put family cohesion. Each one is in a kind of mood. Each moon cake eaten together is a blessing.
The Spring Festival(Chinese New Year)
“I have a legend!"
“Again?.....”
“Nian beast is an evil beast (can be understood as a lion) in ancient Han mythology. Legend
has it that in ancient times, at midnight at the end of every year, the beast would attack the village, and all the villages occupied by the beast were brutally slaughtered, and the horns on their heads were weapons. People take advantage of the three major weaknesses of the beast, set off firecrackers (will frighten the beast), paste spring couplets, and drive the attack of the beast. In order to prevent the harassment of the Nian beast again, setting off firecrackers and pasting spring couplets gradually became festival customs......’ ‘This is a very common legend, passed down to this day.’’
2

“Yeah,I hear the same thing from my family,’ ‘How will you spend the Spring Festival this year?”
“Same thing.”A few days before the Spring Festival, the adults began to get busy, cleaning the house, calling washing the old and welcoming the new is the traditional custom of the Spring Festival. In the morning, we all got up very early to go shopping for the New Year on the street. The street is so busy! There are selling all kinds of couplets, there are selling all kinds of firecrackers, and selling red lanterns. Street people come and go, the traffic is heavy, adults have to buy New Year goods, children with their carefully selected fireworks jump. Everyone's face is filled with a happy smile. At noon? It doesn't matter. Just skip it. In the evening, we will eat the New Year's Eve dinner, the dishes on the table are dazzling, each dish represents a different meaning, such as fish is 年年有余(prosperity in every year) noodle is 和和美美(live happily together), rice cake on 步步高升(to get promotion continues) and soon... after dinner, we will open the TV, watch the Spring Festival Gala together, there are many wonderful programs. There was also the sound of firecrackers and fireworks outside, and everywhere was filled with peace and joy. And here comes the grand finale. "All the best, happy festival, happy, kung fu rich, red envelopes." " I made a low bow to my family and they shoved one hundred-dollar bill after another into my pocket.”
“How much money do you get?”
“It's a secret. In this one-month winter vacation, I visited many relatives, they lived far away from us, it was cold and awkward, I didn't know who they were and I had to call out their names. But the good news( ) is that the harvest is full.”
Tomb sweeping Festival
3
💰

When it comes to the Tomb sweeping Festival, many foreigners must be unfamiliar with it, because even I only got to experience it once. In ancient times, many poets wrote poems about this festival. Tomb-sweeping Day is a traditional festival in China. On this day every year, people go to tombs to offer sacrifices and remember their ancestors. Grandma often tells me about her mother, she is a gentle person.
As soon as spring came, she would take her grandmother's hand and go to the mountains to play, walking across the small railway on the top of the hill. She would dig up some soil to plant his favorite flowers. But my grandmother was in love with the cypress grove on the top of the hill, where the dew on the tips of the leaves glistened with the sun, and she ran and jumped to chase the looming dream; The spring sun shone gently on her wrinkled face. She smiled, but her eyes were sunken.....The cypress trees were still standing. But she's gone. When the wind blows, the leaves will sway and flutter with the wind, and then fall to the ground. We solemnly and silently went to their graves and cleaned them up. Looking at Grandma's stooped back, I wondered what she was thinking. But she must be sad. Perhaps she was longing for the happy and memorable times they had spent together.
The end of the tomb, and the tomb of the “sleeping” person farewell, down the mountain, the oncoming is a breeze, with the smell of earth. Still leaves swaying in the wind. There is a saying: "flowers blossom and fall people are still", which is still the person? Flowers have not opened, people have “fallen”. I have never understood why there is a Tomb sweeping Festival, and now I know that it is a kind of memory for the dead relatives.
Dragon Boat Festival
4

“I have...”
'stop!’He said.‘ I know what you're trying to say, okay,It's in memory of a poet. He did a lot
to help the country.” "........”
According to custom, people will hang mugwort on the doors and Windows in the morning to drive away mosquitoes, etc. in memory of the great poet Qu Yuan, people will also make zongzi. In the south of China and other areas, people will also race dragon boats, mainly to show a variety of dragon boat styles. Dragon boat racing people will be very much, people dressed in festive costumes to row together while Shouting loud slogans, while chasing the front of the dragon boat, very lively.
On this day of the Dragon Boat Festival, our family will also pack zongzi. I want to follow grandma to learn to pack zongzi. Wrap zongzi first of all to wash the zongzi leaves, and then the glutinous rice wash well, ready to start the package. There are various flavors of zongzi. I chose the salty Zongzi. First the zongzi leaves are folded into a triangle and then put the mushrooms and meat, and then put the glutinous rice folded in half, the package is scattered, and then the package is scattered. Making zongzi is really difficult, I still used to wait to eat zongzi.
“I just bought two zongzi. Do you want them?”
“Sure! Why not.”The guy took a bite... ‘eh...it's horrible,Salty Zongzi too bad, sweet Zongzi is delicious.’
“You have no taste!,’ 'salty Zongzi is delicious!”
They parted on bad terms... Eating zongzi and racing dragon boats, these two traditional
customs together weave a hot and noisy Dragon Boat Festival. Have not been home for several years at the Dragon Boat Festival, really miss ah! I wish I could do it again.

none