Nostalgia - After School, Friends, and Grandparents | Teen Ink

Nostalgia - After School, Friends, and Grandparents

By miaofutianjerry PLATINUM, Winston-Salem, North Carolina
miaofutianjerry PLATINUM, Winston-Salem, North Carolina

This is a collection of my nostalgic feelings.

After a day in kindergarten, my grandfather always rode his bike to pick me up. I liked the coolish feeling of the wind blowing on my face. Muslim food was served every Friday after class, and as a non Muslim, I was always attracted to try those delicious food from different culture.

After a day in elementary school, I always bought junk food with my grandparents at the snack stand outside the school gate. That's what I look forward to the most after school. I would walk to the bus stop with my friends and say goodbye at the bus stop since we ride different bus lines. If my grandfather picked me up, my grandmother would definitely prepare snacks for me in the kitchen. Every Friday in my elementary school, classes were shorter, so I could go home early. In that case, I would watch Korean dramas with my grandmother with kimchi prepared by my mother.

After a day in my middle school, I would go home with a female friend of mine who live very close to me. We always waited for each other to walk together after school, talking and laughing together on the road. We were very close friends. Of course, there were rumors about our relationship in the class.

I transferred to another middle school, which was far from my home. I needed to take the subway for almost an hour to get home. Fortunately, I had a good friend to accompany me, and an hour's journey was not even enough for us to chat and gossip. My grandparents were always patiently waiting for me to have dinner at home.

In the second semester after transferring to a new school, my grandparents decided to return to the countryside. They took me to the bus stop. I had been going to school at this bus stop since I was 5, for sure, with my grandparents. But, that was the last time they took me to the bus stop.

Bye-bye then, my grandparents.

I barely have any nostalgia for the memories after that day.