How My brother got arrested | Teen Ink

How My brother got arrested

By DVRKS0UL GOLD, Manitou Beach, Michigan
DVRKS0UL GOLD, Manitou Beach, Michigan

relatable music for the misunderstood

My trauma isn't just in my past, it's also somewhat present in my life. My brother is currently in juvy for reasons I will say later. He’s been in there for a few months now and he is changing but that does not give him an excuse for what he has done to me and my family. Now how did he end up in juvenile detention? That is what the topic is today but first I will talk about his downfall.

It all started when he began listening to gangster rap like ynw melly, von and nle choppa.

Everything was fine at first but fast forward a month and he began to argue a lot with my parents. Two more months he began to get physical and he also joked around about being in a gang. In a span of one year the police were called several times. After a while he got probation after a month or so of probation, we moved to where we live currently. He never behaved while on probation and to this day he has several counts of assault and domestic violence. After a little under a year he found someone and began making his own rap music. Little did he know that friend was a really bad guy

We thought everything was ok at first. But then his friend came to the house and all i picked up was bad vibes. They continued to make music for awhile and my brothers attitude got a lot worse, there was times were the police were two sometimes even three times a week, I would always have some kind of mark or bruise i’d hide this went on for two whole years and if you think thing couldn't get worse your wrong. My family didn’t know at the time but  in the last month and a half before he was arrested he was drinking, smoking pot, vaping and worst of all doing shrooms and it all was provided by his rap friend.

The night he got arrested he was on shrooms. He got into a heated argument about his girlfriend coming over. He was demanding my parents to let her come over, beating on their door, screaming. After a while of that my parents came out of their room after even more time of him arguing. He tried to choke my dad and I swung at my own brother without a second thought but I missed. In the end my brother gets out in December and I am still a 16 year old kid with trauma. Lets just hope he has changed