Good Morning | Teen Ink

Good Morning

May 30, 2023
By brookemullett SILVER, Pewaukee, Wisconsin
brookemullett SILVER, Pewaukee, Wisconsin
6 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Scratch! Scratch! My dog, Cooper, had awakened and was ready to eat. “Cooper, lay down! I want to sleep for 5 more minutes.” Scratch! Scratch! He didn’t care. He was ready to eat. 

My dad finally came to get Cooper from my room and feed him. I tried opening my eyes, though they were burning. Once I finally got my eyes open, I realized how beautiful the sunrise was. When I looked out my window I saw beautiful oranges and reds mixed throughout the horizon. Clouds mixed in with the colors adding hints of white and streakiness into the sky. Such a beautiful sight to wake up to, besides my annoying dog. I also have a view of the lake I live on. With the combination of the beautiful sky and the snow covered lake, I felt excited to start my morning. As time went on, the sun rose more and more, changing the view out of my window every time I looked, yet not getting any less pretty. My annoyance for my dog changed to gratefulness for waking me up to see the gorgeous sunrise that mother nature had given us that morning.

Eventually the sun made its way past the horizon. Cooper was scratching on my door, yet again, ready to lay in my bed while I got ready for school. I made my way out of my comfortable bed to let him back in my room and finally start my day.