Essay Contest: Something New | Teen Ink

Essay Contest: Something New

By 3prusow SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin
3prusow SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin

I was sitting in class and wanted to find some way to get more involved at Arrowhead. The only problem was that I wasn’t sure how to do so. I did know that a main was joining a club. I went through the Arrowhead website to find all the clubs I could join. One of them was standing out more than the rest. 

I knew I wanted to help out the people around me struggling and give back to the community. Peers4peers fit perfectly with what I was looking for. It gave me a chance to do all of those things and as well as improve who I am as a person. I knew this would help me come out of my shell more. 

The first thing that came along with this was an interview with a few staff members. That made me a little nervous. One of the questions was “What makes you want to join this club?”

“I want to join this club because I really want to give back to the community and be able to help out my peers in a positive way,” I responded. 

A few weeks later I received the email saying I got in. I was super happy and really glad I chose to do something out of my comfort zone by joining a club. I knew the first thing with this club was being a mentor for wings. I was really happy that I could give back since one day I was that freshman that was nervous and wings helped me a lot with not being as scared for high school.

Starting high school 4 years ago I wouldn’t have pictured myself being a wings mentor. I am really glad that I pushed myself to help the freshman as much as I can.

Teens Making A Difference- essay contest