Essay Contest: Even a Small Hand | Teen Ink

Essay Contest: Even a Small Hand

By Extrasweet DIAMOND, Tenafly, New Jersey
Extrasweet DIAMOND, Tenafly, New Jersey

"On ne voit bien qu'avec le coeur" - Antoine de Saint-Exupery
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, dreams are forever" - Walt Disney

I love to collect money. I love to collect money from doing everyday chores or from selling things that I don’t need anymore. However, the reason that you’re thinking right now probably isn’t the correct reason why I love to collect money.

I love collecting money so I could give my money away.

I live in a great house, eat good food, study as much as I want, and never worried about not having the following things that I just listed. But it isn’t everyone who were born in favorable environments like me. Some people don’t have a roof above their heads, worry about food all day, and doesn’t have time to study because they need to do chores and work.

If this were a race, the other person who doesn’t have those things might win if they tried hard but the percentage would be more towards me. I don’t want that.

I want everyone to have a fair go. I want everyone to have a fair chance in the race. So I collect my pocket money and never use(d) it for things that I don’t need like sweets or pretty pens. There is a online platform for where I could donate my money to the people who need it all around the world and I help people like that every year. The money that I collect probably can’t help all the people who need money at one go. But I’m never going to stop donating. I’m going to always donate my money to the people all around the world no matter what.

Nobody can stop me from doing that but they can help me. Please donate to the people that need help. We can help. We can make a difference even though it might be small. That’s why I’m entering this contest. I hope that some people who are/will be reading this are considering donating for a good cause.

Please help the people who need it! We should all help each other!