Like a dove | Teen Ink

Like a dove

July 23, 2022
By christinatran1712 BRONZE, Hanoi, Other
christinatran1712 BRONZE, Hanoi, Other
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

If I were an animal, I would be a dove. A dove is a symbol of peace, love, hope, and happiness, which I wish to become and bring to everyone around me.


The dove, with white feathers, a graceful look and gentle cooing calls has made it widely favored by humans. A long time ago, the dove was ever used as a courier to deliver mails and messages in a reliable, quick, and safe way. For the Christians and Judaists, the dove symbolizes peace and is a sacred animal that should not be killed but must be protected instead. Everyone may still remember the image of a dove holding an olive branch, or spreading its wing with a sacred crown, which represents the Spirit of God, vitality, faith, and hope burning on the earth of humankind. Like other types of birds, a white dove flying in the blue sky also stands for freedom with a great sense of spiritual peace.


If I were an animal, I would be definitely a dove with the hope that I would have freedom in my mind and in my life. Being full of love, and hope, I would also spread these things to my family, friends, and everyone I meet. Peace is the thing that I have successfully kept balanced in my spirit and that I always pray for the whole world.


A dove is loved by everyone. If other kinds of birds such as an eagle, owl, etc. may not be loved by all, a dove brings a purely comfortable feeling. Like me, I have treated other people with my heart, without any guilt, greed, or secret intention. I listen to them carefully, trying to give them the best advice from my experience and viewpoints so that they can consider rather pushing them. I always advise them to keep a balance between work and life, as well as keeping a calm mind to avoid unnecessary conflicts. I persuade my family to take Yoga exercises to obtain peace in their mental health first, followed by physical health. Once they can do so, they will feel happier. 


A dove represents freedom, like me who like traveling and exploring every corner of the world. I have gone to many provinces of Vietnam, and planned to visit more this year. I wish I can go to different countries in the world, including the most remote places such as Africa and the Arctic. I love meeting people and delivering to them nicely and positive, motivated messages of life. I hope I can do more good things to the children, poor people, ethnic minorities, and other vulnerable people not only in Vietnam but also around the entire globe to achieve a better future.


Like a dove, I have and will continue doing good deeds with my youth, energy, and a solely kind heart. I always pray for peace and happiness for all of mankind to overcome existing challenges such as the COVID-19 pandemic, hostile war, and global security.