My Yin and Yang | Teen Ink

My Yin and Yang

July 23, 2022
By christinatran1712 BRONZE, Hanoi, Other
christinatran1712 BRONZE, Hanoi, Other
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

As far as people are aware, nothing is completely negative or completely positive: in yin there is yang and in yang there is yin. The Yin – Yang has been referred to as a complex relational concept in Chinese philosophy for thousands of years, meaning that every object in the universe is composed of complementary and competing forces of sun and moon, dark and light, male and female.


For me as a girl, it is expected that the yin component is stronger. The yin component is characterized by my feminine appearance and characteristics. Like many other girls in the world, pink is my favorite color. I am addicted to listening to soft music, and watching romantic films, and can spend hours of chat chit or shopping with my friends. I also love cooking, decorating houses, and taking care of my parents, my naughty brothers, and other people with my warm heart. People often think about me and comment about me as a soft, lovely girl with a kind personality – these are definitely the feminine part of my internal self.


However, I am a strong, determined person in a number of situations. The tougher the situations are, the stronger I become. I have always been aware of the importance of balancing the yin and yang, to create harmony in both my physical and mental life, particularly when the world has become increasingly unpredictable and hostile. The globe has endured the COVID-19 pandemic outbreak, which has negatively impacted various aspects of the economy, and socio-culture. If just being too yin, I do not think that I can cope with the pandemic. As my entire family got positive with COVID-19, and I was the oldest child in the family to manage the situation, I had to become bold enough to encourage my parents and my young brothers to feel happy and calm down during the pandemic. I used both my soft, loving heart and my firm words to raise everyone up. I pushed everyone to do exercises, taking part in a gym class to make us stronger physically day by day. I maintained a very optimistic manner and attitude towards everything, keeping talking about a nice future ahead and reminding them about the doom–and–gloom nature of life so that other people would have full of hope about life.


I have attempted to keep both yin and yang balanced in myself so that I can treat my life in the most comfortable way. I am confident that I possess enough softness of a feminine but also sufficient strength of a masculine. Like the water, it can be a stream but can also be a waterfall; it can be underground water but can also be a storm. Such yin and yang components are adopted relatively and complementary in an appropriate way that is beneficial for my work, my life, and the people around me towards achieving a harmonious and balanced life.