Blue and Green | Teen Ink

Blue and Green

By jadateenink BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin
jadateenink BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin

There is nothing more soothing than laying on a beach, staring at a clear sky, and listening to the sound of the ocean reaching for your feet.  When I imagine myself there, I see the aqua in the waves that reflect the beautiful colors of the sky.  To me, blue is the most diverse color in the rainbow.  The cheery sky blue that brightens our day.  The mystical navy that protects the night.  The tranquil cyan that fills the sea. 

My mom prefers the color green. Like the leaves of a healthy tree.  Or fresh grass beneath our feet.  The color of life.  It gives her the calming sensation of a forest in the same way blue gives me the calming sensation of water.   

Blue and green.  Water and land.  Together they make nature.  An unbreakable bond that makes up our Earth.  Like the one my mom and I share.  Not the same, but dependent on each other.  Some might say I look too deeply in colors, but color is what gives our surroundings life and emotion.  When I see the color blue, I see my gorgeous beach.  And when I see the color green, I see my mom.  And they both hold a special place in my heart.