Dear Bullies.. | Teen Ink

Dear Bullies..

Dear Bulliies, 

I hear you you know. how you used to talk behind my back to make me feel bad. how you used to push me around to hurt me physically and mentally. i hope you realize how you affected me. That goes for you new bullies too, telling me that i should kill myself and telling me to hurt myself. you know thst affects me right? look, i honestly dont care if somethings going on, but that dosent give you th right to tell me to kill myself or to slit my wrist. 

Would you guys change if i told you that most people who get bullied tend to kill themselves? or have thoughts of Suicide? probably not. Like seriously. did you know that 87% of students say shootings are motivated by a desire to get “revenge” at those who have hurt them. What would you do if a person that you have hurt pulled a gun at you? Would you regret every bad thing you did to that person? would you plead out for an apology begging for them not to shoot as if it would instantly change their mind?

12 year old killed themselves due to bullying

13 year old girl committed suicide from bullying

9 year old boy commits suicide from kids bullying

i hope you realize that if you continue to hurt kids like you have with me, you will be one of the reasons for a kids suicide attempt or a sucessful suicide. Did you know that in the year of 2018, over 1,000 students killed themselves due to bullying. if you continue with your bullying, you will make more students kill themselves or slit their wrist or thighs. 

I think that bullying not only affects the victim, but the people around them like their friends and family. Friends and family are very important in someone's life and once that person is affected by bullying, I think it just led them to block out everyone in their life. This does not help them at all to solve their problem. Just look at the Phoebe Prince case. She was bullied to the point where she wanted to die and didn't even tell anyone. What about her 12 year sister that found her hanging by a rope, what do you think she felt? What about her mother? I know for sure that she probably felt like her family is ruin, broken, scarred for life because of this tragic death. I honestly think that you bully for attention, because of jealously, because of rage, or maybe because you have problems at school. Who know? The fact of the matter is you hurt people to the boiling point because of yourself, not them, but you, and it's a problem.

So i will say this one more time

if you continue to bully, you will be the reason for someones suicide.

check yourself.

~Jay