Danish Diaries of a Freshman Teenager | Teen Ink

Danish Diaries of a Freshman Teenager

By Lisa-Mary-Paul PLATINUM, Copenhagen, Other
Lisa-Mary-Paul PLATINUM, Copenhagen, Other

BeYOUtiful ✨

Denmark Diaries 🇩🇰 

Smiling faces, busy cycles, gentle winds and blazing heat...seaside breezes and goosebump pastries! The only downside is that the cost of living is going up, and the chance of living is going down,down,down.🎶

My family has been here at Denmark for about a month now...we moved from France to this completely new country with  different surroundings and feelings.

As a young girl used to living in countries where cycles are not promoted to such an extent , sustainability is given a limited importance  and the surroundings feel much more enclosed in a way, this new danish life is a fresh breath of air. Copenhagen is an astonishing place, the monumental significance of sustainability is incomparable! The cycling tracks are such a clever and efficient way to promote a greener way of travel and will help me become more independent in many ways knowing that this will be my mode of transport to and from school! For years, I have been used to my parents picking me and dropping me off in a car which really made me oblivious to Climate Change and its definite dangers.

Not only this but the kindness and sincerity of this tight knit community is a ‘once in a lifetime’ type thing; I also relish the calm and spacious feel to Copenhagen as a whole. It’s almost like living in Zen  all the time!

This Summer so far has been surprisingly hot, I go out running everyday and sometimes it takes a gigantic effort to motivate myself to keep going even under the sunlight but what I find ludicrous is that sometimes the weather becomes cold and windy where I get goosebumps.  What I have learnt is to savor this dazzling heat since the coming months are apparently freezing. (This is also my advice to any other newcomers this month to Denmark too!) The mesmerizing fact is that even under these conditions, Danes are as happy as always—my family and I went to get our COVID vaccine a few weeks ago and the sheer amount of volunteers and helpers proved that this is a mission  of solidarity. What surprised me to a greater extent was the lady giving out the vaccination, some sort of angel to say the least. She was pleasant,kind and immediately empathetic to everyone who approached her—to say the least, she created a lasting impression of admiration on 

us.  The nurses,doctors and volunteers all deserve to be congratulated.

As someone who has had to adapt to moving countries every now and then, it can be heartbreaking to let go of friends and teachers and mentors to a place you haven’t even been too. However, with a country as brilliant as this I have been able to get over these feelings rapidly and am nothing but thrilled to gradually settle in and learn more about danish culture and tradition.

Despite having heard about the long winters and expensive lifestyle, I genuinely look forward to starting my newest adventures and a brand new chapter of Danish  memories.

Thank you!

I’m a grade 9 student (14 year old) who has recently moved to Denmark from France.

These type of travel articles are crucial for other teens to understand because it happens to a lot of expatriates where we have to move to a completely new country,state etc.

I hope that through reading my article and my experiences in Denmark,you will gain a positive outlook on movement, even when it means leaving your loved ones.

Kind regards,

Lisa 

BeYOUtiful ✨

Please like/vote this if you come across :)

Lydiaq ELITE said...
Lydiaq ELITE, Somonauk, Illinois

The universe must be a teenage girl. So much darkness, so many stars.
--me

I really enjoyed reading this.

BeYOUtiful ✨

No matter where we are or where we go, something seems to change. It is all about adapting to that change ✨.