The long-awaited CLOSURE | Teen Ink

The long-awaited CLOSURE

By AditiVibgyor BRONZE, Bhopal, Other
AditiVibgyor BRONZE, Bhopal, Other

Well , what do I say. This is neither a goodbye letter nor a farewell speech, beacause I feel the time that we have spent, the memories that we have built and the bond that we share is so precious and irreplaceable that I can never fully leave you. Initially you occupied a slice of my life, as days passed you became the center of my life and now you are a part of me. You are a part of a living human being. I can never turn my back on you....because turning my back on you is like turning my back on myself. I relate with myself, thinking about the hardworking , determined and focused person that I have been, when we were together. The traits that I have harvested during this process will stay with me till eternity. And this new skin that I wear is now my identity.

I took up this road without realising the depth of the lows or the height of the highs, without realising it's effect on me or the contributions it required by me, without realising the peculiarities of the journey or the finality of the destinstion. I didn't think much ...I just picked on the journey. And today I am so thankful that I did, as none could match the incredulous experience this gave me. I have almost completed the journey ...edging very close to the end and yet I don't feel anxious of the ambigous results, I feel happy , I feel satisfied and confident that whatever be the end stop of this road ...I have already picked a lot on my way up to here, and that will remain with me for the rest of my life as a memoir and as a guiding book. With the approaching termination of the voyage, there is a sense of achievement and fulfilment that kills every speck of insecurity in me and leaves no room for any regrets.

Words fail to manifest , how much I will miss this road and how much I will relish the time spent here....long hours establishing into days and days into months and months into years. These years taught me lessons no one else could, imparted me knowledge that nothing can replace and most importantly build my character ....in a way that no other enlightenment can match. They have made me ME!

I will miss every bit of this time ....I will remember it for the happy moments and also for the sad ones. I will keep it with me as a whole ....every success, every failure, all the laughter and all the cries. This is my takeaway ...This is special to me ...This holds a place so close to my heart, that you cannot distinct it from my heart.

But, just as every cookie pack has a last cookie, every ice-cream has a last bite and every pizza has a last slice......Every start has an end . And we have reached it.
Endings are not just endings .....they are new beginnings, and here it begins..... A new start , a new road and a new journey!!
So flashing a smile with pearls in my eyes ....I raise a toast for the terrific time spent and a spectacular time waiting to be spent!!! CHEERS TO ALL OF THIS AND MUCH MORE TO COME !!!

This piece is written not just with words, but with overwhelming emotions. It is about my journey ....while I was preparing for a competitive exam. I have been on this journey for the past 7 years. The results are yet to come but this is my CLOSURE. Let me tell you that this is a very personal and intimate affair that I am sharing with you all. I hope you feel my enormous sentiments and maybe like it too! 

P.S.- The 'you' in the first para refers to my books, study materials and basically the preparation in itself. It was almost a relationship ;)