recognition | Teen Ink

recognition

January 9, 2020
By SageSpice SILVER, Houston, Texas
SageSpice SILVER, Houston, Texas
5 articles 0 photos 3 comments

Recognition. Should we strive to grasp this beautiful thing? Should we have our focus only on this as we go through our lives? Do we need it to feel complete? Should we need it to feel complete? Even though it seems wrong to look for recognition, it really isn’t all that bad.

 

 

 

 

                Try to think back to the fist time you got recognized and someone gave you their attention. When you were three and you fell down and got a cut. What did your momma do? She ran up to you and stopped your tears. She held you in her arms and rocked you back and forth, back and forth. You could feel her love for you reaching out from her heart to touch yours and you were happy. You felt happy because you felt loved and who doesn’t want to feel loved? Now try to remember the first time you saw someone acting out. Was it when your cousin started to become meaner to her siblings and would bite people when she was mad? Do you know why she did that? Did you ever stop to think about why she did that? Did you ever realize that she was trying her best and doing anything she could think of for her momma’s attention, to be recognized by her momma? Now the hardest test of all… Try to remember the first time you acted out for recognition and attention. What about that time that you fell to the floor and pretended like you were sick just because you wanted your momma to run over and hug you. Do you remember how awesome that felt and how happy it made you feel?

 

 

 

 

                Everyone wants to know if anyone loves them. Everyone has felt lonely before. Everyone has that craving for attention, even if you have to dig a bit to find it. So why shouldn’t people strive for recognition. Why shouldn’t someone try whatever they can think of to feel that perfect emotion they want. What’s so horrible, what is so wrong, what’s so absolutely horrific about wanting to feel loved, to feel recognized, to feel like you are holding in the palm of your hand someone’s care and love and fear for you. Why… why is that so, so, so bad to want? Why?


The author's comments:

this is based on feeling i have and events that have happend to me. i hope it reaches out to you and you let it take your hand. have a good life!