San Francisco, My Home | Teen Ink

San Francisco, My Home

By SavannahReid BRONZE, Sacramento, California
SavannahReid BRONZE, Sacramento, California

In my San Francisco, the streets are beautiful and clean. San Francisco parks have beautiful green trees, with wonderful flower beds on the field, and the air smells like cinnamon and pine cones. San Francisco is violent and crime free. San Francisco residents are drug free. When I walk down 3rd Street, l see everyone being happy and it brings joy to my life to see so many happy people. 

Scratch all that sugar coating I was doing to be honest with you, San Francisco did not meet that picture I painted.  Believe me, I love living there, it's just the whole environment is horrible. From the people all the way down to what people are doing to themselves and to the San Francisco streets. Living in my neighborhood, it's like a Jack in the Box, never know when the Jack will pop out, well it’s the exact scenario in my hood, never know when someone is going to start popping off ( shooting and fighting ). The residents of San Francisco walking around in the nod, as if they were sleepwalking. San Francisco streets look like dumpsites and as if they were covered in large clumps of dirt. The parks look like an old construction site, with lots of old metal lying on the ground.

Now let me get to the overall problems in the city I call home. San Francisco residents digesting and inhaling  potent drugs, that poison their minds and once clean and healthy bodies. It’s like watching a once strong building get torn away by a tsunami, as if the building were riding the waves. That’s what it’s like to watch people get carried into a nod or a slow death due to drugs, they continue to take. San Francisco streets covered in trash as if it were a waste land, it’s sad to see the bitter hearts that people have for their home and for the streets, because this much litter makes absolutely no sense to me. San Francisco looks like a giant homeless shelter to me, everywhere you go there are people wandering the streets. So many tents under the freeways, ahha you’ll think people are going camping. The higher the rent, the more people getting pushed to live on the streets. When I go to San Francisco I see a gigantic unisex bathroom. You see the people living on the streets, well unfortunately their fecal matter is spread all over the place, it looks like a fresh coat of brown paint. I like to call my home, the home of Hit-n-Runs. Bunch of wrecked cars you’ll think it was a Junkyard. San Francisco residents die everyday due to drugs, the streets and the guns. 

The hood uncovers the truth about the whole city and it may break your heart to see. San Francisco has a lot of tourist attractions, just don’t go to the hood, please.

My passage uncovers the dirty little secrets, that San Francisco hold.

I share the the most devastating thing about San Francisco.