Dear Future Self (At 27 Years Of Age) | Teen Ink

Dear Future Self (At 27 Years Of Age)

By Dani_Higareda PLATINUM, Hanahan, South Carolina
Dani_Higareda PLATINUM, Hanahan, South Carolina

“People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.”
- Winnie the Pooh

Dear future self at 27 years of age,

People like you are not meant to be happy but with great effort, you managed to be happy. You were once just a sad girl wishing to become an inspiration and motivation for many people. Remember everything you ever said, but don't torture yourself with memories from the past. All that will do is hurt yourself by remembering all the negative thoughts you once thought about yourself. Life is not easy right now, but you will be happy that you never gave up because all those tears you shed, all those times you physically hurt yourself mentally and physically, you will remember and be happy that despite those obstacles, you never gave up.

You were always down, sparking a fire of negativity in yourself, burning all positive thoughts and replacing them with negative ones. You were always reluctant to accept both your inner and outer beauty. The world knew that you were beautiful, but you never saw that yourself. I am telling you this so that you never forget how vulnerable you once were and so that you don't make the same mistake again. By the time you read this, you will have gone so far in life. Thank yourself first because without yourself, nothing would have been accomplished. Live by the quote that you have always loved, "Your situation is ony temporary." Remember that your situation is only temporary and that no matter the tough situation you are in, you will overcome it and NEVER give up. Do it for yourself because you deserve the best for yourself. 

Your life is so precious and beautiful and so are you. Always remember that you are in control of your life and therefore, you choose how you react to every situation you are in. It is up to you to continue living a good life. You are an adult now and you know how to make decisions, so make the right decisions. Although the future may not always seem clear to you, don't give up on yourself because in the end, it will all be worth it. The girl writing this right now is broken by all of her struggles. She has been hit hard by life. Her parents want her to be perfect, she is negative about her body image, and overall, she hates herself. It kills her to think that if she makes one mistake, she will upset the whole world. Her parents are the ones controlling her life. But by the time you read this, you will be in charge of your life. So live the good life you always dreamed of living. Live happy, be happy, and take care of yourself. Life is too short to worry about anything else. Be the person that you always wanted to be.

With love,

Your past self at 17 years of age

Always be kind to yourself and the rest follows.