Manitowish Chain O' Lakes | Teen Ink

Manitowish Chain O' Lakes

By baseball1 BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin
baseball1 BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin

To me and my dad fishing is our favorite thing to do when we go up north. We are the only two people in our small, 4 person family that like to fish. When we go up north we like to wake up at the crack of dawn to go out on the boat and try to catch some fish. One of my most favorite experiences from fishing with my dad was when we went to the Manitowish Chain O’ Lake. We fished all up and down the 10 lakes almost every day that we were up in Manitowish. 

One thing that I remember was me and my dad were trying to catch Northern Pike and Musky all day and didn’t get any luck. Then right when we got back to the cabin my little brother, who was 7 at the time, had caught a Northern Pike right off the pier.

The reason I like the Manitowish Chain so much is not only because it has great fishing but also because of how beautiful it is out on the water. In the early mornings the water looks almost as a sheet of glass, so shiny and clean. You can also hear every little noise on there, a bird chirping, the snap of a twig on the forest floor or the sound of a loons hoot to its young ones. Not only are the lakes beautiful but also the forests around the lakes are. When we were up there you could see a deer or even a chipmunk hiding out in the thick brush of the forests. The big tall trees were also very beautiful and I bet that in autumn when the leaves change colors it looks even more astonishing.

Fishing on the Manitowish Chain is one of my fondest fishing memories because every day we were up there me and my dad would go fishing, even when we wouldn’t catch any fish for hours. Some days we would go out and catch fish almost every other minute then other days we wouldn’t catch any but thats why I enjoyed that trip so much because my dad and I got to spend a lot of time together.