Great Wolf Lodge 2k14 | Teen Ink

Great Wolf Lodge 2k14

March 5, 2015
By aleesia gobin BRONZE, Tualip, Washington
aleesia gobin BRONZE, Tualip, Washington
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

When Kira and I were at Great Wolf Lodge, we stuck side by side most of the time. At the end of the night I wanted her to stay in my room. At first I asked my step mom and she said it was okay.
Then my dad said, “Sorry there’s no room for Kira, but you can stay in her room”. It was late and her mom said she could stay in my room. Her mom, dad, and sibling were already asleep by that time.
Then Kira comes up with the crazy idea to sleep in the lobby. Of course, I said “okay”.
Finally after Kira and I were already in the lobby, my dad calls and says, “Never mind she can stay”.
I whispered in Kira’s ear and said, “Grab the blankets,” and said, “Okay dad, we’re on our way up”.
Earlier that day when we first got there, straight to the water we went. I only stayed in the water for a little while because my knee was hurting really bad. Once I found out Kira’s ankle was hurt too and she needed ice we went up to my hotel room that was as big as a house so she could ice her ankle and I could ice me knee. Also my cousin and I wanted my uncle, dad and grandma to go on a waterslide with us. The staff said,” You can only have two adult maximum,” so just my daddy and I went together. Also my Grandma, uncle, and cousins went together
We kept getting lots and lots of Dippin’ Dots! It’s a family tradition for Kira, Kylee, and I, to get them together. Normally we have them at ‘Disney On Ice’, but they had them at Great Wolf Lodge. They are my favorite and I think they’re the best. After I got them Kira made me do the magic quest with her.  In case you don’t know, it’s where you get a wand and it takes you on a scavenger hunt around Great Wolf Lodge. Then when you get done you have to win a dragon to beat a level. After that I made her go to pizza hut with me to get Chicken Alfredo.
When we went back to my room, my dad put us in charge. Of course my brothers Eian and Wakiza made us look irresponsible by running out of the room. Kira tried to chase them but they were already gone in the wind.
I took my little sisters Florence and Ellie, and my cousin Jamora to get ice cream. The ice cream shop was closed, so I took them back to the room. I ditched kira and she made a new friend to hang out with. My dad and step-mom were busy, so I took them to a little kids dance downstairs. I kept loosing my little sisters because there were so many people there. On my back to the room, Kira and I were re-united. Then we found my little brothers too. We yelled at them. Then my step-mom took us to the arcade. When we got back to our room for good, my dad decided to show us an obsticle course of jumping off something to our beds. I hurt me knee even more.
Finally after a long night we went to bed. And first thing in the morning Kira woke me up.
“I’m going to breakfast, are you coming,” she said
I said “no we were up late, I’m to tired,”
“Okay, I’m leaving you”.  Once she left I fell back asleep. Five minutes later my dad wakes me up.
“Our family is at breakfast we got to go,” says my dad
“I know Kira already tried waking me up, if I’m going I need Starbucks because I’m tired.” So I went to Starbucks and got a Venti White Chocolate Caramel Mocha Frappuccino , it felt colder than ice in Antarctica. Once I was done, I went to breakfeast at the buffet. The food was okay but it wasn’t all that great. After I went to finish packing, I went to find my cousins who were doing the paw passes. With the paw passes you could go the challenge, build a bear, glitter tattoos, ice cream, and more. We got dippin dot one last time. Before we knew it great wolf lodge was over. I learned to spend more time with my family more.