Incidents On the River | Teen Ink

Incidents On the River

By madsoccer21 SILVER, Rolla, Missouri
madsoccer21 SILVER, Rolla, Missouri

What’s Chloe crying about now?  It isn’t a rare site to see her crying and usually I’m the one to cause it. This time it wasn’t me. Then I see it, an ALLIGATOR! So that’s what she was crying about .I’m kind of freaked out but only in my head about so many things that can go wrong in this scenario. “Okay calm down everybody” my dad squawks nervously .What if we fall in I think to myself, no no no that won’t happen. Well I’m having mixed signals about this whole situation.

At least my sister and dads canoe isn’t about to tip over .I’m not crying or shaking like some people in our family. My dad seems to be the only one who is calm in this situation besides me. That only lasts about 3 seconds before the alligator’s tail sent ripples towards our kayak. That is also when I start to freak-out. My mom is freaking out so much she almost shakes the kayak over. It is obnoxious.  “Hey mom you going to be okay back there” I call out unsteadily. “Yeah I’ll manage” says my mom. When I start to paddle around the alligator, because my mom is too sacred, it started to follow us. This lizard skinned beast was getting on my nerves. I’m thinking he had lunch in mind. “Mom I think well be okay” I call.
My dad says, “Make it back to the kayak rental place.” That’s when the alligator starts to close the gap. When our family finally reaches the building, the alligator recedes into the trees and waits for another snack. My mom is shaking a lot and blubbering about how we almost got eaten. I’m relieved we didn’t become alligator lunch.
When we got back to the condo we told the other family we were with all about the alligator, making it more dramatic than it already is. My sister was laughing at my impressions of mom. Mom keeps saying, “We had great time.”  “Yeah, we had a greaaaaat time” I implied. Over all we had a great day and we made a lot of new memories.
We got a lot of patience and calmness from that experience. For the rest of the day it is relaxing in South Carolina. It is a peaceful place. My dad though we were done for on the kayaks We had a great time .For the rest of the week in south Carolina we didn’t have anymore incidents and had a good time by the pool, at the beach ,and shopping at beach stores .
  My mom kept joking that if she saw another alligator she was going to die. I am very relieved we weren’t eaten. I hope next years vacation is as eventful as this one. Even though it was stressful and nerve racking it was fun to make memories and spend time with my family.

Bri_an_hi_bbs, Rolla, Missouri

the important thing in life is to not stop Questioning
(Albert Einstein)

amazing ;);)