Blue Awakening | Teen Ink

Blue Awakening MAG

By WinterRose76 SILVER, Ok., Florida
WinterRose76 SILVER, Ok., Florida

Arise and be all that you dream - Flyleaf

Crystal tears glisten
Upon earth's frosted face as
Dawn greets her with warmth

hourtohour GOLD, Edwards, Colorado

From what we can not hold the stars are made.
W.S Merwin

This is really amazing and the figurative language is really beautiful. Good job getting the award, you deserve it!

Savannainthesky GOLD, West Suffield, Connecticut

"It may have been in pieces.. but I gave you the best of me"-Jim Morrison(the doors)

Beautiful!

simple_effect SILVER, Franklin Park, New Jersey

"Security is a superstition; it does not exist in nature. Life is either one daring adventure or nothing." ~Helen Keller

I'm sorry but the goal is to be constructive and/or supportive. I know you are speaking honestly, but those words are very harsh to hear as a writer. Keep it up, WinterRose.

jayman0224 said...
jayman0224, Bronx, New York

"i like pie"

to be honest in my opinion this haiku is really bad you shouldn't get any award for that, but it should have at least some type of punctuation.

Angelique_h GOLD, Bradenton, Florida

"We cry, not because we are weak, but because we have been strong for too long."

Wow you really deserve getting published! I love how you make the earth seem like a person, and I love the meaning behind it  

Olivia-Atlet ELITE, Dardenne Prairie, Missouri

"To these the past hath its phantoms,
More real than solid earth;
And to these death does not mean decay,
But only another birth"
- Isabella Banks

Whata heartwarming haiku! I have to say that I find the m,ost joy in reading them, and I especially love this one! The lines flow extremely well, and the imagery is intense :) I can see the face of the Earth, and the "Crystyal tears" Yet again, this poem blew me away :) Congratulations on getting puiblished, you earned it my friend! XD

EmilytheBelleofA. DIAMOND, Athens, Georgia

To love is to be vulnerable; Triumph is born out of struggle; We notice shadows most when they stand alone in the midst of overwhelming light.

Oh, geez Luis. I just want to say this absolutely, beautiful and phenomenal. It's short and simple yet powerful and elegant and phenomenal. It's just beautiful. Congrats on having this published! You truly deserve it! Because you are an amazing and talented and wonderful writer and person; and you have such a talent and greatness and light in you. Believe that, because it is true. I'm so happy, for you. Congrats! :D Thank you so much, for sharing this, my friend! :) 

GreyGirl ELITE said...
GreyGirl ELITE, Pohang,Kyungbuk, Other
Beautiful haiku. Congratulations on the Editors Choice.

Xena_Zionne GOLD, Chicago, Illinois

“I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.” -Marilyn Monroe

so short yet so beautiful. i can give and get a million point of views and story lines from this. lovely. -Caramel kisses

HudaZav SILVER said...
HudaZav SILVER, Toronto, Other

"Nothing is impossible; the word itself says 'I'm possible'!" -Audrey Hepburn

Beautiful metaphors used, well done! 

gboo12 SILVER said...
gboo12 SILVER, Bergen County, New Jersey
Awesome! Very short but in my opinion, could not have been written any better or put into better words. I loved it. 

Jade.I.Am ELITE, Fishers, Indiana

“If you're losing your soul and you know it, then you've still got a soul left to lose”
― Charles Bukowski

I think the simplicity in this is elegant. Beautifully written :)

TaylorWintry DIAMOND, Carrollton, Texas

"Never fear shadows. They simply mean there's a light shining somewhere nearby." - Unknown

Congratulations on the Editors' Choice!

TaylorWintry DIAMOND, Carrollton, Texas

Yes! Yes! Yes! This is amazing! I'm like freaking out right now. *five mins later* Okay, sorry for my minor freak-out. I've composed myself. This poem is so awesome. I don't have any word to describe it. But it's gorgeous. I don't think you understand how difficult it is to get actual meaning in a haiku (maybe you do), but it's hard. I can't even do it. So this? This is epic. The personification is purely spot-on, and.. I can't. I'm gonna blow up. But honestly, really really awesome. Really.

sullivano17 PLATINUM, Boston, Massachusetts

You can't make up anything anymore. The world itself is a satire. All you're doing is recording it. - Art Buchwald

love the simplicity of this imagery and personification poem. keep writing i love it

WOWriting SILVER, Broadstairs, Other
I'm basically echoing sanddycandy, but i agree with her. I really like the simplicity of this piece. Personally i don't love Haiku because of how short it is and i find it's a real skill to get a proper meaning into such a short piece and i think you've done it perfectly. i think if u lengthened it, you could make it better, but other than that i love this :D

Luv4Ever SILVER, Jacksonville, Florida

A miracle is just another name for hard work
-Minho in "To The Beautiful You"

this is a fabulous piece, i applaud u

ChrisJ PLATINUM, Rochester, New York

"Man must evolve for all human conflict a method which rejects revenge, aggression and retaliation. The foundation of such a method is love.”
- Martin Luther King Jr.

Awesome piece and congrats on the award! I also thank you for commenting on my poem as well.

Psychedelik said...
Psychedelik, Urbandale, Iowa
This is the shortest poem I've ever seen but it's still really really good.  Well done!

albaschirinzi BRONZE, Tirana, Other
This is lovely!