Spirit | Teen Ink

Spirit

December 18, 2011
By amber603 GOLD, Durango, Colorado
amber603 GOLD, Durango, Colorado
10 articles 0 photos 11 comments

Favorite Quote:
"You know that place between sleep and awake, the place where you can still remember dreaming? That's where I will always love you. That's where I'll be waiting." - J.M.B.

To the well-organized mind, death is but the next great adventure." - J.K.R.


She looks in the mirror and sees a girl trying to fit in. She wears make-up and curls. But her eyes say more. Dark brown reflect warmth and kindness. But beyond that, they are pathways to a soul that sees too much. Her belief changes constantly, making her unpredictable. Her emotions can change rapidly when she looks around the earth and her people. She is happy when she sees love and friendship, but sad when she sees hate, betrayal, and tragedies. As William Wallace once said, “Every man dies, not every man really lives.” But she discovered two of the most important gifts that man can receive, imagination and wisdom. She knows that there is too much in this world for one to know all. The Earth is full of secrets and magic of all kinds. She draws on this as her life force and reason for living. She reads books about the supernatural, Magic, fantasy, love, and fits it all into the modern world around her. To remember what she reads, she wears mementoes around her neck. Her spirit is as free as the ocean’s currents and can travel to places undiscovered to man. She wishes to visit them in person, but that will take time. Until then, she will use what she does and doesn’t understand to make her way in to the world she was born in to, and will find her own way. “Do not follow were the path may lead, go instead off the path and leave a trail.”


The author's comments:
This is my life now and i wish will always be. If you agree or can relate, please comment, i would like to know that others can have the same experiences as me.