The Shadow | Teen Ink

The Shadow

By daneshzg GOLD, West Vancouver, Other
daneshzg GOLD, West Vancouver, Other

The sky fell red outside my bedroom window, and the black clouds covering the bleeding background. A shadow went across the hallway… I could not decide what the figure was, but my heart started beating fast; REALLY fast. I closed my eyes and tried to sleep, but he was haunting my room with his breezing. I could not see the figure for it was but a shadow, but I knew… he’s after me. I drifted to sleep unwillingly, and as I loosened my mind’s thoughts up he invaded. I could hear the zombies groaning and calling my name… I could see myself drifting away to a distant island covered in dark soil, but with the door out of my bedroom was right next to me. I urged myself to run over but I did not. I stood there like an idiot as the island got closer, and closer, and CLOSER. There he was…
The shadow smiled behind his skeletal mask, and I saw the white of his eye was actually black. He had a blood red coloured eyeball in the center. He walked slowly to me with his axe in his hand looking at me with hunger, and if looks can actually kill I would be dead before he gets to chop me with his axe. He walked up to me and I shivered up and down my spine. I cried for help but I could see no one coming… then suddenly my mother emerges from the bedroom door and tried to chase the devil out… she ran to me and was sliced in half mercilessly by the shadow. I cried in pain as her blood was spilled upon my face, and then my stepfather emerged from the door and ran to mom to help her, and he too was sliced in half like mother… Then I heard the door open again hoping it wasn’t another person I love. Then I saw my father’s angry face enter the door shout to the shadow “get out!!!!” The shadow ran towards my father axe in hand. When I shouted with determination “GO AWAY!” A light covered him and broke him to pieces, as my mother and stepfather were both healed and back in one piece. When I woke, the sky was white again and my mother and stepfather were both down stairs calling me to breakfast, just a nightmare I thought happily, BUT IT’S NOT GONE YET.

it was a nightmare i had as a child ,and i thought it could make a intresting essay. I brainstormed it over (feeling goosebumps all over my body)