Thoughts In The Wind | Teen Ink

Thoughts In The Wind

By Tracg_hehehaha BRONZE, Cupertino, California
Tracg_hehehaha BRONZE, Cupertino, California

I had a cat when I was very young. His name was Doughy, he had orange and white fur, and a white diamond shape on his back. Every time I came home from school, he would pester me, trying to get me to give him some snacks. But sometimes it would ignore me or snap at me. He has a bad heart and needs regular checkups. But no matter what happens to him, I love him very much.

In August 2019, all the love I could express in person stopped forever because my family decided to settle in the US. We didn't take him with us because we thought his heart wouldn't be able to handle it if he followed us on the plane. I miss him terribly, but I know my thoughts will accompany us to the US, not him who is still in China.

To this day, I miss him as much as ever, what has changed is my perception of how he responds to me. Whenever I wondered if he was healthy and happy, his original owner would always send pictures of him enjoying life and having fun. Whenever I missed him, the breeze and the passage of time brought thoughts to him from afar. He seems to hear it too, as the same wind blows gently through, picking up the flowers on the street and making them sway from side to side as if Doughy's tail is waving at me, telling me he missed me too.

My name is Tracy He and this is the story between me and my cat :)

Shorthairdontcare SILVER, Houston Area, Texas
I loved this story. It shows how much you care about Doughy, and how you miss him. The love a person has for their pets is one of the best things on earth.