The Bracelet That Carries Feelings | Teen Ink

The Bracelet That Carries Feelings

By austinth21 BRONZE, Temperance, Michigan
austinth21 BRONZE, Temperance, Michigan

Every time I look down at my bracelet, I think of my mom. This bracelet reminds me of the bracelet I got her for Mother’s Day a few years ago. The look on her face when I gave it to her melted my heart. She started to cry because it was one of the most beautiful, thoughtful things she had ever received. She was so happy every time I saw her. She said before she passed “I want you to work hard to have the best life possible ” I said, “I Love You and I will”.

My family and I recently hosted a Celebration of Life just for her. We all wrote long, thoughtful, and descriptive speeches to say in front of our family. I started to cry during the speeches, and I couldn’t even say my speech. It was truly one of the best moments in my life, even though she passed away. She was the greatest daughter, mother, and best friend that I had. She is still the most beautiful, smartest, kindest, strongest, and bravest human I know and have ever been around.

Lastly, she was in her mice-ridden, hoarder-like home and had no room to sit because we were cautious about bedbugs. It always smelled like something might have died in there. Things were piled up to the ceiling in four of the eight rooms.

I will always remember my mom because she was the most amazing human being to grace this planet. Not everyone would realize that, but it is the most true statement I have ever said about anyone. My mom will never be forgotten by anyone who knows her due to her personality.

The main thing of inspiration was losing my mother at a pretty young age because she was really sick for years.