Angels vacation memoir | Teen Ink

Angels vacation memoir

By Angel12Liebelt BRONZE, Arvada, Colorado
Angel12Liebelt BRONZE, Arvada, Colorado

I remember going on vacation a few years ago with my family over one summer, I don’t 

remember how old I was maybe 12 or 13. I was with my aunt Evelyn, little brother Tavin, grandma, and great 

grandma. We drove and stopped at many places like Arizona, Las Vegas, and California. When we stopped in 

Arizona it was Tuba City at a Subway restaurant, where we were at there was many homeless people as well 

as stray dogs which I had shared my food with. We drove for hours to arrive to Phoenix Arizona at my 

grandmas friends house, he had a pool in his yard which we swam in everyday for the days we were there and 

it was weird because the pool temperature was warm but felt cold because it was 100 degrees outside. Before 

we left to drive for Las Vegas we went to the Grand Canyon it was all of our first time there, it kind of looked 

unreal like a painting it was very beautiful there tho looks just like the pictures but bigger in person. After going 

to the Grand Canyon I remember my family arguing, everyone was moody and irritated with each other, I even 

fought with my aunt just because she kept looking at me. We were definitely with each other for way to long 

even was crying from being stressed from being with everyone but we had more days to go! We arrived to 

Vegas got a hotel and again argued with each other. We went to the strip which is a street with many shops and 

other things in Vegas. It was super hot that night and there was lots of people out there was people singing and 

dancing and doing all types of tricks as they were standing there, we went into the shops ans they were really 

cool, there was some with crystals and necklaces, i had got a necklace of a dragon holding some type of orb. 

Next and final stop was San Francisco California! We drove there the next day and it was beautiful the 

palmtree’s seemed bigger there and everything seemed so bright and happy. We met up with a few of my 

grandmas friend one of them we walked around with and the other we went to a restaurant and ate with, I had 

got salmon to eat. The next day we went to LA and went to the ocean there was a lot of people and dogs there 

and it was so beautiful but the sand was very hot. We played in the ocean and I had tried to ride the waves but 

kept going under, we collected seashells and even found a sand dollar that we still have today. We drove home 

within the next few days, I guess it was time for everything to go back to normal and even though we argued 

most of the time it was a really fun experience and I wouldn’t trade it for anything.

It's about a experience I had with my family.