Reap what you Sow | Teen Ink

Reap what you Sow

November 25, 2020
By Mr-Roboto BRONZE, Smiths Station, Alabama
Mr-Roboto BRONZE, Smiths Station, Alabama
4 articles 0 photos 0 comments

I once had a group of friends of which I was the backbone of the group. Not the leader but definitely the individual who helped keep the group together. This event took place at a summer camp around four years ago, the group wasn’t ever the same after this and has basically fallen apart…this is our story. We stayed in a cabin with several bunk beds in them to accommodate a numerous amount of people. The cabin was split into two groups my friends being one of the groups and other individuals that I “knew” in the other group. Of the people in this group there was a man named Sean, I knew Sean decently we weren’t exactly friends more of acquaintances. He will play a heavy role in this story later on. My friends and I  had the idea to prank the other group by basically trashing the place turning mattresses and other such things. We asked are councilor if this was okay and he agreed however we were going to clean the mess after the other group discovered the mess. We went into action with the pan and had the place looking a little ransacked. Later on in the day a big camp meeting was called and of course we knew exactly what this was about. The camp director showed pictures and explained Group B in our cabin had been heavily messed with. The director talked about our little plan and everyone had a big laugh over it all accept Sean. It was lunch in the mess hall at this time and we had to clean the cabin then we could get food. We walked to the cabin and for some reason Sean followed us and said seven words that I will remember forever “Well boys you reap what you sow”. We all thought he was saying some weird joke and simply continued into the cabin and got inside. One of my friends named Jeff was the first victim of attack, out of now where Sean unveiled a tambourine that he had carried with him from the camp meeting, he threw it at Jeff striking him on the shoulder he then ran up and started punching Jeff heavily. Jeff fell down motionless at Sean’s feet he then ran to me and started to fight with me, I took a few strikes but luckily my friends stepped in and brought him down. We began to beat him until he was unconscious and immediately called for the director to come help in this in devour. I tended to Jeff attempting to wake him up he never did under my care. He from what I hear woke up in the hospital. The group has fallen apart, I occasionally see my friends but Jeff is never there his brother says “He is at home; he doesn’t want to hang with us”. Our friendship died that day, I will never “prank” someone ever again.


The author's comments:

True story