|| Pretty Lies || | Teen Ink

|| Pretty Lies ||

November 12, 2020
By Anonymous

The only feeling I felt when sadness when I got a new dad. A feeling inside of me, that feeling that dad would be the same as the others and I hated that feeling.

  I was living in Croswell Michigan. It was summer but wasn't that hot. I lived in a poor home but a good one had not a very good education but a happy home but that day. that day my life would change forever. Looking out a window as a van pulled up in the driveway and got up to tell my mother and she went out the door. My two sisters who were older than me were curious so went out the door with our mom. I was also curious so I followed but I regretted living right when I walked out to the outside I heard these words,                                                                "Here is your new dad!" My mother had said and tears fell on my face but I guessed I was the only sad one since I didn't cheer but there was also another person that wasn't happy a girl she was sitting in the van and she did not come out.

     She wasn't happy for a new mom, nor was I happy for a new dad because I and she knew that they were all the same.                                                                                                     "Hello there," I said to my new father and ignored me and I just left but that girl came out of the van and ran after me and put her hand on my shoulder but my hand was on the doorknob to the house she introduced herself and one of my sisters named Keira was my only hope to get out of sadness. My mom kept telling lies about her health and when I was that age I believed her.       

    The girl was named Riley and she was seven. Riley and Keira were the only people I could call family they were there for me and taught me things to. But something happened that I couldn't call her. she lied about her father abusing her by the belt when she got in trouble but I thought that was a normal thing. I cried my eyes out when she lied. Keira walked up to me and said          "Who cares if she lied you still have me."

  The days got better as I was with Keira I soon realized I was afraid to be alone I have Autophobia(afraid to be alone or by yourself) I ignored all the arguments that my new father had and my mom had and stuck with Keira and stayed far away from my other siblings as possible. I wrote 15 reasons why I should keep going and not commit suicide  

1.)Keira would miss me

2.)I wouldn't get to eat chocolate

3.)I'm sure my life would get better

4.) I would like to see how life works

5.)to plan my future

6.)get a dog that is well trained and that doesn't poop everywhere

7.)travel the world

8.)experience what life has in store for me 

9.)Raid my oldest sister

10.)get to listen to my favorite songs

11.)find what's inside my body(it's creepy looking and I like creepy things)

12.)get out of depression

13.)get my own movie(aka Ace-Heaven I might make chapters on here for it)

14.)Read comics and have fun

15.)get rid of my Autophobia

  Those reasons are the reasons I live for and want to live for if you guys want to know my mother is in jail and my old father is far away from me and I got out of depression but i did not get out of my Autophobia :( anyway I'm happy to live and hope this meant something to you guys and please no hate


The author's comments:

"Depression for a family is very common but know there is someone there to brighten your day"