one chance | Teen Ink

one chance

I came back from the fun but exhausting day of school, I was telling my mom all about it in the car. When I got out of the car I told my mom the amount of homework that we had, and she was like you better do them all.

So when I got upstairs to my room, I washed my hands and grabbed an apple from the table and when to do my homework. I was so focused on my homework. I did not even eat my apple. I got home at five and did my homework for an hour so it was staring to get dark. I remember that that day I was going to play with my friends but I just did not have the time to.

My mom called me over to eat dinner, it was sushi my mom made some sushi that day and it was very good. Every once in a while my mom came up with some new food to the dinner tables and surprisingly this time it was sushi. A lot of people think that uncooked fish is very disgusting and I think the same. unless it is on sushi. I don’t know why but when uncooked fish is on sushi it just doesn’t taste the same. like I just don’t taste the fishiness of the fish.

After dinner I had to study for my test the next day. So I got up to my room again and grabbed my textbook and just sat on my bed and started reading it. I am not sure I remember that class that was for but I think I was working on science. The reason I think I was working on science is because I did not fall asleep when reading it because I loved science now and then even when I don’t understand it. I just think that science is a combination of all of the classes. A little of math, some English and even some history.

Then when I was reading my text book my dad called me over to his office so I did at that time I was so nervous about that was going to happen my dad doesn’t call me to his office he just come to my room and tell me what was going on. I put a book mark where is was and went to his office I ran over and I saw my mom and my dad that time my sister was not born yet so she was not there.

I remember the last time it was like this before this and it was about me counting from one to one hundred. So I was crying a lot because I keep forgetting ninety-seven so I hade to restart all the way from zero so It took a very long time for my to count one to one hundred like it toke at lest took two hours for me. So you can say I learned the hard way.

My dad told me what was going to happen so he said ‘it will be hard but it’s for your own good’. ‘You know how long it takes to learn a new language’ and I was like no I don’t know. Me said ‘well it takes a long time’. At that time I was like get to the point and tell me but I did not say that. ‘We are going to America!’ I was so pumped up but I don’t know why we are going there for. So I ask my mom when I got out of the office and she was like ‘well we are going there because of school.’ But for how long and she said three to four years and she was right I did go back to china for school but I did not know I was coming back but I did and that is why I am still at this school.

One thing I still feel bad about is not taking sixth grade. When I got back to china for school I did not know I was going to have to go to eighth grade, because the international did not have six and seventh grade. So I had to go to eighth grade. So I got to bed after shower and everything. I was thinking to my self what does it mean very long because I had no idea it will take at lest two to three years for my to say what I want to say and that I don’t have to say things that the teacher told me I had to learn. That night my dad was up all night to find a school in somewhere we have no idea where it is. I can remember the sound of my dad opening the mini-fridge and going out something to drink. I did not sleep the entire night thinking about what is going to happen in the future year