All Nonfiction Bullying Books Academic Author Interviews Celebrity interviews College Articles College Essays Educator of the Year Heroes Interviews Memoir Personal Experience Sports Travel & CultureAll Opinions Bullying Current Events / Politics Discrimination Drugs / Alcohol / Smoking Entertainment / Celebrities Environment Love / Relationships Movies / Music / TV Pop Culture / Trends School / College Social Issues / Civics Spirituality / Religion Sports / Hobbies
- Summer Guide
- College Guide
- Author Interviews
- Celebrity interviews
- College Articles
- College Essays
- Educator of the Year
- Personal Experience
- Travel & Culture
- Current Events / Politics
- Drugs / Alcohol / Smoking
- Entertainment / Celebrities
- Love / Relationships
- Movies / Music / TV
- Pop Culture / Trends
- School / College
- Social Issues / Civics
- Spirituality / Religion
- Sports / Hobbies
- Community Service
- Letters to the Editor
- Pride & Prejudice
- What Matters
The Blind Girl
There was a blind girl who hated herself just because she was blind. She hated everyone, except her loving boyfriend. He was always there for her. She said that if one day she could see the world, she would marry her boyfriend.
One day, someone donated a pair of eyes to her and she could see everything, including her boyfriend.
Her boyfriend asked her, "Now that you can see the world, will you marry me?"
The girl was shocked when she saw that her boyfriend was blind too and refused to marry him.
Her boyfriend walked away in tears, and wrote a letter to her saying...
"Just take care of my eyes dear. I'll always love you forever…”
This is how human brain changes when the status changed.
Only few remember what life was before, and who's always been there even in the most painful situations.
Life is a Gift
Today before you think of saying an unkind word
- Think of someone who can't speak.
Before you complain about the taste of your food
- Think of someone who has nothing to eat.
Before you complain about your husband or wife
- Think of someone who's crying out to God for a companion.
Today before you complain about life
- Think of someone who went too early to heaven.
Before you complain about your children
- Think of someone who desires children but they're barren.
Before you argue about who cleans up your dirty house
- Think of the people who are living in the streets.
Before whining about the distance you drive
- Think of someone who walks the same distance with their feet.
And when you are tired and complain about your job
- Think of the unemployed, the disabled and those who wished they had your job.
But before you think of pointing the finger or condemning another
- Remember that nobody is perfect are without faults.
And when depressing thoughts seem to get you down
- Put a smile on your face and be thankful you're alive and still around.
Life is a gift,
And fulfill it.