New Band SmallTown | Teen Ink

New Band SmallTown

July 23, 2010
By Lonesoldier GOLD, Winona Lake, Indiana
Lonesoldier GOLD, Winona Lake, Indiana
15 articles 0 photos 17 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Tough girls come from NY. Sweet girls come from Louisiana. Prissy girls come from California. BUT INDIANA GIRLS have fire and ice in our blood. We can ride dirt bikes, be a princess, throw left hooks, pack heat, bake a cake, change a flat, hang a light and if we have an opinon, you're......going to hear it!!"


I recently got to talk to a band that isn't famous yet, but might have a good chance of becoming famous. I personally got to sit down with each member of SmallTown,(Jake, Wayne, Mckayla, Stephin, and Ryan) and ask them why they wanted to be in a band. I started with Jake SmallTown's guitarist and asked him how long he had been playing guitar and surprisingly enough he said he had only been playing for a few years. I was amazed because he played like an expert, and had only been playing for a few years. I then asked him why he decided to join SmallTown, and he told me his exact words were, " My brother Wayne and I actually started the band and decided to get our friend to join." I then asked him how long the band had been together and he said only two years. After that I thanked him and went to the next member of the band, Makayla the band's singer. I asked her when she joined the band and she said just last year. I asked her why she joined and she said that she thought it would be fun and that she used to be in her churches choir. I then moved on to Wayne, the band's bass guitarist. Wayne is Jake's older brother and he actually admitted that playing country music wasn't his favorite music genre to play on the bass. I then asked him who had the idea to start the band him or Jake, he told me Jake had the idea and that he wishes they would've had the idea sooner. I then moved onto Stephin the band's drummer. Stephin honestly didn't have much to say except that he loves jamming with the others and love being able to just be in the band and play drums. Finally I went to Ryan the band's keyboardist and asked him what got him in the band and he told me that he loved to play the keyboards and that this was the perfect way to keep playing. Then asked Ryan if he played piano before and he said yes. I then asked him if everyone in the band went to the same school or lived in the same area. He then said, " Well Makayla and Wayne are going to college this fall and that Jake, Stephin, and him were all Senoirs at their highschool." I then asked him where they were all from and he told me that they were from Wabash. I then got an autograph from each member of the band and since I to play the guitar Jake personally wrote "Keep on rocking" and then the band had to head off, I thanked them for their time and told them that they get to become the famous stars they want to be.


The author's comments:
I was thinking of who I recently interviewed and SmallTown popped into my head and also I am now big fans of the band that hopefully will become famous. The were great.