So I Saved Her | Teen Ink

So I Saved Her

By Tocsain PLATINUM, Granbury, Texas
Tocsain PLATINUM, Granbury, Texas

She is a strong character. Persistent, outgoing. She lives a life meant to run from. Strong, brave. Withstanding it all yet she doesn’t even realize what she is doing. Naïve, restless. If I can save her from it, I will.
She sits there silent, waiting for someone to speak yet she knows she will be distilled in silence. Not wanting to make the wrong move, she observes and watches the crowd waiting to respond her turn. She never gets it. Not given a chance, but she doesn’t care. She’s used to it. Living a life alone and defendant she knows it’s best to not get close. If I can save her from herself, I will.
She breathes through her struggles even when she wants to die. Yet for me, she decides to stay alive. I always say I would save her given the chance. It seems I have and hadn’t even realized… she is full of joy, momentarily thinks of the past. I always help her through it, not even meaning to try. She is in love. In love with someone who loves her. I never thought it could be me… She saved me so I saved her.