The Unexpected Hero | Teen Ink

The Unexpected Hero

You are younger than I am, three and a half years to be exact, but thank you. For what? I don't really know how to describe it. Maybe it's the way you brighten the room when you walk in? Or the way you can relate to everyone, even kids who are not as "cool" as you are? Maybe it is the fact that you are cool and confident?
I guess I really don't know what it is, but I don't think I've even told you just how much you make my day. You seem to always know exactly how I'm feeling. I walk in a room and you can tell when I'm upset right off the bat. I come off as being really annoyed, but really I'm thankful. If you didn't go screaming to everyone that I'm on the verge of tears, no one would really know.
I might say that that I wish mom and dad only had one kid, but the truth is, I wouldn't have it any other way. Without you, who would I talk to about my problems when no one seems to understand? Who else would pretend to accept my "wisdom"?
In writing this, I think I've come to a conclusion. You are my hero because you, no matter what, are always there for me and when I'm with you, I feel like there is nothing that you'd rather be doing. You make me feel wanted. I don't think I've ever told you this before because I thought I would be weird if I actually admitted that my younger sister means so much to me. I will always love you, even when I say that I hate you.