My Hero | Teen Ink

My Hero

April 28, 2008
By Anonymous

My hero is my mother. She is my hero because she is very encouraging, intelligent, and courageous. She is the most encouraging person that I have ever me I my entire life. She encourages me to do anything I believe I can or cannot do. She never stops believing in me and I love her for that. Anything that I want to do but don’t believe that I can, she encourages me to do. I know that I can always rely on her for support in any area that I need help in. She does many outrageous things in her life and I don’t know what I would do without her.

My mom is very intelligent because she succeeds in everything that she does. My mom is going to school at the age of 48. She is going back to school to be a nurse. Her school days are Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday she goes to a hospital to take care of the sick patients there (clinical). She does so much in her life and I don’t know how she handles it. She goes to school, works for seven hours three days a week after school, and she is a mother to two frequently fighting kids. She holds together her life very well, and she takes all of the obstacles that are in her way and overcomes them. She stays strong when she doesn’t have time to study for her tests and she always pulls a B or higher. For everything that is going on in her life, I would say that that is an amazing grade. I look up to her in hopes of becoming as dedicated to her life as she is.

My mother is courageous because she is always putting up with my little brother and I fighting. Before tests is when she is usually the most dedicated to her work, we all have to give in equal amounts of effort to try and keep our house neat and tidy. When my mom is done completing her test, we all can take a breath again because now we can focus on our lives as well. She takes care of me when I am sick and I can always rely on her to have my back in a bad situation. She is my best friend and the best mother I could ever ask for.