More Than a Superhero | Teen Ink

More Than a Superhero

May 25, 2012
By MalloryLColclasure BRONZE, Fairhope, Alabama
MalloryLColclasure BRONZE, Fairhope, Alabama
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

When you hear the word hero the first image that probably comes to mind is of a superhero. Superheroes have unfathomable powers, tremendous strength, and characteristics or specialties that everyone dreams of having. My hero is better than the best superheroes with the best super powers. The definition of hero is someone who is treasured for their audacity or noble attributes so a superhero definitely fits the standards. We all have a hero or someone we look to for advice or inspiration. My hero is my favorite superhero and this is her story. In the world today there are roadblocks we have to face everyday and that is just a part of life. Even superheroes, at some point in their story, have obstacles to maneuver around and villains to defeat. As of right now, my hero is in a battle with cancer yet she still remains strong for her loved ones. Superheroes have disguises to wear so they can have a regular life aside from their superhero life. If you saw my hero walking down the street she would look just like everyone else wearing her beautiful wig for a disguise. She is determined when she sets her mind to something just like a superhero is determined to defeat the villain and save the day. Unlike some superheroes, she is selfless and dedicated in all that she does. She has shown me a side of courage and bravery I will never been able to display myself or any other superhero could for that matter. She is one of the strongest people I know and she has and always will support the decisions and choices I make. She means so much to me and I feel that I do not express my love enough. She is my hero and you can not get any better than that. Becky, my great aunt, is my hero and I am her number one fan.