Letter From Home | Teen Ink

Letter From Home

By icefaerie10111 GOLD, Exeter, Rhode Island
icefaerie10111 GOLD, Exeter, Rhode Island

My Angel; My Guard,
Where are you? I am still sitting here and waiting for your return. Stay safe, because I would never forgive myself if anything happened to you. They say love is kind, but what about when it is not? What about the times when it is painful? What about those starry nights when you cry yourself to sleep just to make sure you can still love? Love is not just joy, but pain and suffering, worrying and anxiety.
Where was I? When you left, I could not bare to say goodbye, because loosing you was like a dream. But now, as I sit here, it is as real as every breath I take. When you came I just stood there, graced by your presence. I wish you were here now, because I swear I will keep silent no longer. I will no longer be an admirer from afar.
Why was I? Why me, of all people to feel this way? I am nothing compared to you. I am just another face in the crowd, another rebellious citizen. Of all people? Why do I deserve to feel this way? I should not miss you, because I know you do not miss me.
I have a wish. That you stay in my dreams and remain in my heart. As long as there is hope, I will never forget you. You taught me that you do not need to be the most important person the be important.
I miss you. That is all you need to know. I wish for you to come home, just so I can see you again, see your face, remember the times we had together when we were "young".
You were my HERO, you are my love.

Remember Me; Remember Us

-Beloved