Wolfgang Mozart | Teen Ink

Wolfgang Mozart

By Lisa-Mary-Paul PLATINUM, Copenhagen, Other
Lisa-Mary-Paul PLATINUM, Copenhagen, Other

BeYOUtiful ✨

Leopold Mozart, a composer and violinist, lived in Salzburg, Austria, with his wife Anna Maria. They had seven children, but only Maria Anna, a gifted pianist, and Wolfgang Amadeus, their son, survived. Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, their eighth child, was born on January 27, 1756. Mozart began to show signs of his talent at the age of three, even before he could walk. He had the ability to listen to a musical melody and promptly play it on the piano at the tender age of four years old. He was able to play the violin at the age of five and the piano at the age of six.

Leopold Mozart took his children to Vienna for their first performance tour in 1762. They played in noble residences and palaces around Vienna and the surrounding environs. Mozart performed his first public performance at The Trinity Inn in Linz near the end of 1762. With his performances and feats like facing away and playing the keyboard from his back and playing the keyboard covered with a cloth, he astounded audiences all over the world. Leopard, Maria, and Wolfgang travelled extensively around Europe and England until the early part of 1963. Mozart's compositions and improvisations wowed the audience. Despite the fact that the public appreciated Mozart's creativity, many of Leopold's acquaintances warned him that too much maritime travel and numerous performances were unhealthy for his kid. Leopold agreed and came back.

Mozart had a kind demeanour and was terrified of the Trumpet. He was vivacious, affectionate toward his friends, and eager to learn new things, but his focus was always on music. Mozart was a driven man who liked to perform in front of audiences who were sincerely engaged in music. In addition, he studied Latin, Italian, French, and English. Mozart was a fluent speaker in various languages and enjoyed mathematics. He went on a tour with his father and sister from 1763 to 1766, seeing Germany, France, England, and Switzerland. On this tour, Mozart gave many performances. He wowed audiences and won their admiration by performing in churches, inns, mansions, and palaces. He was a sickly youngster, and by the age of ten, had travelled extensively.

Mozart began creating music in Salzburg. Some of the pieces were created in collaboration with other musicians. Mozart aspired to study music in Italy when he was thirteen years old. His father hoped to win a commission for an opera and a place at the Royal Court for his son. Mozart travelled to Italy in 1769, and the Philharmonic Orchestra performed Mozart's pieces in his honour during his first stop. He was thereafter asked to write an opera for the following year. Mozart then went to Rome, where his extraordinary genius earned him even greater fame.

He attended an Allegri Misere concert.This work was only sung by the papal choir in Rome during Holy Week. This was not to be conducted by anybody, anyplace else, by order of the Pope, and anyone who disobeyed the rule would be excommunicated. Even though Mozart only heard it once, he wrote the complete piece on paper, which was incredible. As word spread, Mozart's achievement became the talk of the town. When the Pope learned of it, he summoned Mozart and lavished him with presents, awarding him the Cross of the Order of the Golden Spur a few months later. Despite all of the honour, Mozart's father was unable to secure employment for his son.

Mozart was hired as a music conductor in Salzburg in 1771. His income was quite low at the period due to social and political upheavals, and his music had no support. In 1773, Mozart and his father went to Italy to perform. Mozart's father tried unsuccessfully to locate a job for his son even during his vacation. They arrived at Salzburg. The Bavarian Elector commissioned him to write an opera in 1774, which he conducted personally in 1775. Mozart felt trapped in Salzburg and yearned to escape. He embarked on the voyage with his mother in 1777, after his father was denied permission by the Archbishop to accompany him.Mozart began to receive commissions, accepted private pupils, and served as Court Composer. Despite his wealth and fame, Mozart was always in difficulty due to his expensive lifestyle and gambling.

Mozart married Constanze Webber in a small wedding in 1782. He worked with two other renowned composers, Johann Bach and Georg Handel, and on other projects shortly after his marriage, but he did not make much money. His daughter died three months after she was born, and his wife became ill from malnutrition. Mozart's father died in 1787, and he wrote an opera that became a success. Mozart was appointed court composer and given a large salary. He also obtained a small number of concert commissions. A disguised man approached him in 1791 and requested him to compose Requiem, which is death music. Mozart assumed the masked figure was a courier who had come to ask him to compose his own Requiem as his death approached. Despite being sick, he refused to eat.

Mozart died on December 5, 1791, when he was only 36 years old. His remains were placed into a pauper's graveyard after being blessed at the church. His wife, Constanze, visited the tomb a week later to leave flowers and offer her condolences. His body was unidentifiable, and his burial was unmarked, so she couldn't find him. Mozart, like many other geniuses, ascended to tremendous heights and amassed great fortune throughout his lifetime, but it was sadly lost as he died young. However, as with so many other geniuses, Mozart achieved fame, admiration, and love throughout his time on Earth. He continues to inspire people long after his death.