Mr. Varrelman | Teen Ink

Mr. Varrelman

By SCUBASTEVE1999 GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin
SCUBASTEVE1999 GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin

Mr. Varrelman

Eric Varrelman is more than just an educator.  He is a father, technical education teacher, master mechanic, boat mechanic, and R.C. plane enthusiast. The list of things he is passionate about is endless. Starting out the first day of my junior year, I was terrified not  knowing where anything was at North Campus. After about ten minutes, I finally found my first hour class, Autos Tech. As I walked in and saw Mr. Varrelman, at first glance  I thought  this class is not going to be fun. But as time moved on, I realized that this man was like a teenager just with a lot less hair. . .  he was just like one of us. This was a class that I finally found that I enjoyed.
This man, even when he is not  at school,  still cares about his students. Mr. Varrelman goes out of his way and takes it upon himself to take time out of his busy schedule to help his students plan for their future.  He brings in guest speakers from colleges such as Northern Michigan University and UTI.  He even calls around to local car repair places to try and get his students jobs in the field of auto repair or some other form of auto technology.
For all of these reasons and more, I would like to nominate Mr. Varrelmann for Teacher of the Year because he made a difference in my education at Arrowhead. By Caring for his students and helping us out as much as he physically can.