Take a Chance | Teen Ink

Take a Chance MAG

By Anonymous

     I am writing to all you guys out there who are too nervous to ask out that girl you like. I want to tell you to go for it. I am not saying it will be easy or you won’t be turned down, all I’m saying is that if there’s a chance, you have to take it.

I used to think I would never have a girlfriend. I am not very popular and not what you would consider “hot,” but I am likeable, laidback and smart and I try to get along with everybody. I used to think that girls didn’t care about a guy’s personality, that he had to have looks and money to get a girlfriend, but then I met Stacey.

I could not take my eyes off her during history class last year. Then I found out she was best friends with my cousin. She started hanging out with us and coming over to my house. The more I got to know her, the more I wanted to ask her out. I guess it was the fear of being rejected that kept me from asking - I didn’t think I was good enough for her.

Over the summer I finally asked her out and it was the best thing I have ever done. These have been the happiest months of my life. I fell in love with her, and I am still falling. It is the best feeling in the world. Everything she does is amazing to me.

I am so glad I found the courage to ask her out because now everything seems better in my life. You wouldn’t think that having a girlfriend would be a big deal, but it has influenced my life enormously. I have someone to care for, someone to worry about, someone to talk to, but most of all, someone to love. Everything seems to make more sense now.

So, guys, find the courage to ask out that girl who gives you that odd feeling because it could be love. She might not feel the same, but if you don’t try, you’ll be left wondering “what if.” Take the chance.