To Control | Teen Ink

To Control

By ShortStuff303 SILVER, Littleton, Colorado
ShortStuff303 SILVER, Littleton, Colorado

"Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it turned into a butterfly."- Anonymous

Do you ever really know the moment when you go from warm to shivering? Do you ever really know the moment when you fall for someone? Do you ever really know the moment when you fall asleep? Do you ever really know the difference between dreams and memories? These are all examples of things that are determined by our subconsciousness. But, our subconscious mind is an illusion. We seem to think that we know what is real and when things occur, but all we really know is what we want to know or what we think is right. Everything starts off as a mystery it just takes someone time for that mystery to be solved. Can we ever truelly control our subconsciousness to solve our own mysteries? Are these mysteries that important for us to solve that we are willing to change our thought process to adapt to our subconsciousness? Can we go on in life without knowing what or when exactly something happened? Or are we better off believing what our minds create?