Reflections about the Reflector | Teen Ink

Reflections about the Reflector

By Hamzawaseem GOLD, Lahore, Other
Hamzawaseem GOLD, Lahore, Other

"The important thing is not to stop questioning." ~Einstein

Almost everyone is familiar with a portion of glass having a lustrous metallic back- that never lies- called a mirror. It is the pith and marrow of dressing rooms and an indispensable part of restrooms. It may be hung on walls or carried in pockets along with a hair-comb. It often gets lucky enough to conquer a site in soft, delicate and somewhat cozy handbags accompanying glamorous ladies. It’s really a challenge to find someone as sincere as a humble mirror. It hadn’t even lied in front of threatening force of the witch in the eminent fairytale of the beautiful snow-white. No matter how you treat it, it is always as amiable as possible. It can be big and it can be small. It grows with you. It smiles when you smile. It cries when you cry. It has a wide and varied range of employments. It is used in reflecting telescopes. Teenagers are unknowingly fanatic about it. For instance, teen girls spend hours in front of it to groom and beautify themselves in order to be flamboyant. The boys of present era are no different from such princesses. Mirrors may even be used to hide cracks on walls. They are a boon for magicians, especially illusionists. They create captivating effects using combination of different mirrors. In a nutshell, we can say that mirrors play a quintessential role in our lives.

A random topic that sparked up in my gray cells...

Ray--yo PLATINUM, Kathmandu, Other

God Makes No Mistakes. (Gaga?)
"I have hated the words and I have loved them, and I hope I have made them right." -Liesel Meminger via Markus Zusac, "The Book Thief"

I was about to post a comment when I saw I already did comment two years ago :p

Hamzawaseem GOLD, Lahore, Other

Yeah, I know about O-A levels. Sure, I will let you know about my result. my ninth result was good. Please pray for my result. 

SaphiraBrightscales DIAMOND, Islamabad, Other

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
- Maya Angelou
When i was little/I used to point a chubby finger toward the dark sky/And ask my father/why some stars moved and others didn’t/He would laugh and explain that some were airplanes/I still wish on them today ~ Laugh-It-Out
The feathers of a crow are black/The ink of my pen is blacker/The pain of my heart is blackest~ Mckay
If love produced a blossom/I’d take it in my palm/What a blessing, the bright color!/How soothing, such a balm!/I’d keep a petal for my own/The rest, drop from my hands/For such a flower would multiply/And populate the lands~ thesilentraven
And I began to rival legends/Long entombed before my birth./But for all my much envied fame/The lust for more would not abate./The plaques and prizes with my name/Will, like all things, disintegrate. ~ TheEpic95 now known as Helena_Noel

Oh ... Ah well few like it really.. But I like mine... CIE is Cambridge Internatinal Exams.. You do know about O- A Levels...??Ohkay Sure....And do let me know how it is when it comes out .. How was your ninth result??

Hamzawaseem GOLD, Lahore, Other

result will be declared in july or august.

Hamzawaseem GOLD, Lahore, Other

Yeah, I am doing FSc Pre-Engineering now. And I hate this education system. Can you please read my article titled "Robots and Cyborgs"? What is CIE? Best of luck for the preparation of the exam!  

Ray--yo PLATINUM, Kathmandu, Other

God Makes No Mistakes. (Gaga?)

The simplicity you've maintained is fantastic! Such a well written piece!

- Maya Angelou

Oh Thats great! So when's the result?? So you're doing Fsc Now?? You know I did matric too but then as I didn't LOVE the system I switched to CIE and now I'm doing A Levels. The first year has gone by faster than ever and well exams are almost over.. That's how I'm here :p One is still left but that's on 10th June so I had some time to come back here :D And well yeaa,, I don't appear on chat ..two reasons: 1) No one I know is ever on there ...2) TI chat is quite weird as everyone can put  anything and it's visible to everyone so Once Upon A Time when I opened it I saw some weird stuff and closed it straightaway and did't open again since..... But we'll chat sure. Just co ordinate the time someday..
  Oh and I love mysteries!

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

"The people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do."
—Apple’s “Think Different” commercial, 1997
“Crazy people are considered mad by the rest of the society only because their intelligence isn't understood.”
― Weihui Zhou

Very roginal piece. Have to hand it to you. Very few people could write with such eloquence a short pithy piece on a mirror. And I love the comment you placed. Sometimes, I too have those whimsical thougths that spring out of nowhere. To me, this piece is very well written. Your details are all right on. Girls are addicted to it. And guys to these days. I know myself to be fond of that piece of glass that does not hold back or hide anything aways from me. 5 stars, Hamza. 

Hamzawaseem GOLD, Lahore, Other

By the way, I like detective fiction and i like to play detective

Hamzawaseem GOLD, Lahore, Other

P.S.: the comment above this is by me but that account is not mine

HammadWaseem said...
HammadWaseem, Lahore, Other

Be proud of who you are.
-Eminem

You can't see me
-John Cena

Ooh, somebody stop me!
-Mask

*starts jumping is bliss* Thank you so much! My matric exams are gone already and I am going to pre-college classes these days. And hey! I don't like your long comments... *silence for some secongs*... I love them! Sure, we will exchange recommendations for books after you bid farewell to your exams. Good luck and I'll pray for you. One thing, you don't appear on teenink chat. do you? We haven't had any live chat. So, hope we will have one(and many more) when you appear after the exams. Look! you influenced me to comment long. I like it!

- Maya Angelou

P.S. Post more stuff soon!

- Maya Angelou

Hey before I went away for a while, wanted to say: I suppose your exams are going on/ have taken place / will take place soon... In either case Good Luck and I'll pray! Mine just started so that's why I'm gonna go for a while ... And well to tell the truth they truly have scared the crap out of me...my first time sitting the CIEs , but ah well, we just stand up and say "Constant Vigilance" then don't we? :)) Hey, you do great. Will miss TeenInk but...Duh it's only a month...still a long time...gosh I guess I never stop soliloquizing!...Haha...And hey by the way man I LOVE your vocab....as soon as vacation starts I'll probably have you to tell me some good books to read, they're the bread and butter to my life as you well know and I haven't read much in a long while...LIke four months... I'm barely living hahaahha..... .Hey, what kind of books are your favourite though?.....And Oh, do let me know what you think of my latest poem "The Four-Letter Word"...... I sure hope you're not bored by this long and random post ...G'bye. Allah Khair-o-Aafiyat say yeh imtehaan ho jaaenn.. Ameen.....

Zach_M said...
I finally read one of your pieces, and I have to say that I'm glad I took the time to do so. Great Job... I love the analogy.. the comparisons you used. I love the honesty and how you are so considerate with your words; how you bring life into your poem and the beauty behind it, but what struck out to me was when you said the words, "it's really a challenge to find someone as sincere as a humble mirror." That truly stuck out to me... and it really made me think. Phenomenal job... i for one, have been impressed.

- Maya Angelou

Well Then you're welcome as it is always my genuine pleasure :D

Shaas_It_is.. BRONZE, Udupi, Other

Happiness presents itself before man with a crown of sorrow. He who accepts it must accept both.
-Swami Vivekananda

Don't be led by your problems. Be led by your dreams.

Its a beautiful piece and you've been completely honest just like the mirror.. And what i liked is that you do agree about guys being self conscious consdidering the fact that you think girls are foolish and self obsessed..  a good piece and i'm waiting for more!! :)  

EnnaGirl SILVER, Sacramento, California

Be the change you want to see in the world
- Ghandi

this was absolutly amazing. and its all true and iv never even thought about it before. just the way your words flow and create points and descriptions, just incredible. 5 out of 5

Hamzawaseem GOLD, Lahore, Other

you guessed it right

- Maya Angelou

So who was that for? Me?

Hamzawaseem GOLD, Lahore, Other

thanks a gazillion! I like the way you put everything so honestly in every comment you leave. Your feedback means a lot to me