Books Are Better Than the Movies | Teen Ink

Books Are Better Than the Movies

By bubblesrfun GOLD, Muskego, Wisconsin
bubblesrfun GOLD, Muskego, Wisconsin

Be your own kind of beautiful.

Sometimes, things don’t turn out exactly as you imagined. Like when good books are made into movies. Very rarely, movies do turn out better then the books. But most of the time, I have to say that the books are just better because they have more detail, reading is good for your mind, and the reader can be creative with it.

Books have more detail, at least the ones that get made into movies do. In movies, they sometimes even have to cut entire scenes out of movies! To people who hadn’t read the book but see the movie, the movie can have a lot less meaning because of all the important things they cut out.

The second reason is that books are good for your mind. Reading improves your knowledge of words, understanding, and life experience through theme. Reading is also required in most language arts classes in middle school, so it benefits you there too.

The reader’s ability to be creative while reading is the second reason I believe reading the books are better than watching the movie. In a movie, everything is dictated for you by the director. When you read the books, most people get a continuous picture in their minds, like their own personal movie. But with movies you can’t do that. You can’t picture how a character would say something, or a facial expression another character would make.

That is why I believe reading the book is better than watching the movie. If nothing else, at least read the book before seeing the movie. ?

After seeing 'Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1'.

Fangirl01 said...
This was great, I was able to use it for a research report on my science project that focuses on your second point. :)