Why lie? | Teen Ink

Why lie?

By LifesIllusion BRONZE, Cicero, Indiana
LifesIllusion BRONZE, Cicero, Indiana

"Don't let your fears slow you down. Instead, chase them down and beat them."

Fake Perfection. I am so sick of it. Why does everyone strive to be perfect when they can’t even achieve it? Everyone will make mistakes but some just go undetected. I hate how so many people put on the appearance of having it all together and having the perfect lives even to those they are close with. I just don’t understand it. Admit that you don’t have it all together, you are stressed and that life feels like crap some days. Some people just like to lie to themselves because they hope and pray that someday their lie will be reality. I guess I don’t even need to tell you that they don’t get what they want by covering up their mistakes, but I will anyway. They get nothing. In fact, they don’t even get the support they need to get through their struggles because they don’t claim their struggles. So I guess my point is that I’d rather admit to the obvious and get some helping hands along the way, then just walking through life with a mask on all alone.

I go to school everyday where so many people appear to have it all together when I know deep dowwn the don't. This is dedicated to them.

WoW, this is sooo good!

shapeshifter56 GOLD, Cave Creek, Arizona

"Instead of waiting for the storm to pass, learn to dance in the rain."
--Unknown Author

My bold wasn't working, btw. That's why I did all caps haha. But, seriously, this is great. Keep it up!

--Unknown Author

Wow, I totally agree! So TRUE! So many people walk around with plastic-y fake smiles glued on their faces and can't admit that they aren't perfect.

LifesIllusion BRONZE, Cicero, Indiana

I think it's the story of everyone's life at some point or another. I used to feel the need to be perfect but I opened my eyes and saw that it was useless.

Inksy SILVER said...
Inksy SILVER, A, Utah

"Three can keep a secret if two of them are dead"
~Benjamin Frankiln
"Love? Above all things I believe in love. Love is like oxygen. Love is a many splendored thing. Love lifts us up where we belong. All you need is love."
~Moulin Rouge

Wow. Story of my life... it felt like I was reading about me. It opened my eyes... Good job (: