Why lie? | Teen Ink

Why lie?

November 25, 2011
By LifesIllusion BRONZE, Cicero, Indiana
LifesIllusion BRONZE, Cicero, Indiana
4 articles 0 photos 127 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Don't let your fears slow you down. Instead, chase them down and beat them."


Fake Perfection. I am so sick of it. Why does everyone strive to be perfect when they can’t even achieve it? Everyone will make mistakes but some just go undetected. I hate how so many people put on the appearance of having it all together and having the perfect lives even to those they are close with. I just don’t understand it. Admit that you don’t have it all together, you are stressed and that life feels like crap some days. Some people just like to lie to themselves because they hope and pray that someday their lie will be reality. I guess I don’t even need to tell you that they don’t get what they want by covering up their mistakes, but I will anyway. They get nothing. In fact, they don’t even get the support they need to get through their struggles because they don’t claim their struggles. So I guess my point is that I’d rather admit to the obvious and get some helping hands along the way, then just walking through life with a mask on all alone.


The author's comments:
I go to school everyday where so many people appear to have it all together when I know deep dowwn the don't. This is dedicated to them.